At A CrossRoads With Death

He looked up at her , as if for the first time , he realized what true beauty was. Just in time to get one last glimpse , as to the reason why he had done it all. She spoke to him with care and compassion. For she knew too , his time was coming to an end. Although distraught,  unbathed , and recklessly left for the wolves to feed on , he attempted one last time , to reassure her , that everything was going to be okay. Kissing her softest parts of her temple. He apologized for what he had done. But all he needed was that one last kiss. Which he never got. And at least , he thought to himself, at least he got to feel her warm flesh against the grains of his lips. And finally , she showed him what she had done it for. And he was okay with it. For he was content to let her have the last word. For her promise to him was complete. But his to her , wasn't. Or maybe it was. He wasn't too sure because he'd been in his head for what seemed to be like an eternity. He knew he fucked up. But didn't understand yet , the severity of the situation at hand. Too afraid to ask her for the truth, because once again , he didn't want to put her in dangers way any longer , he acted as if he didn't care. But he had to , because he didn't want her feeling sorry for him. For God told him , son , this is what you just do. And although hr cursed his mother's,  fathers , families name , he did it all for them. And when his time had come , he hoped that they would realize , he truly did sacrifice all he had , just so they can stay. And he would leave nothing behind. Nothing but his art. His music. His words.