ONLY THE DEAD TELL THE TRUTH

I was watching a show earlier , and in that show , one of the characters knew that he was about to die. Now I'm not going into depth about the whole situation but I will say that before he was killed , he ended up recording a video on his phone stating some facts and reasons as to who was responsible and why they were going to kill him. This video was then sent to his wife , minutes before the victim was gunned down by his killer. His wife then took the video and showed it to some lawyers so that the people in question can be prosecuted and tried for what they had done. Now keep in mind that the suspects were wanted for something else , but this was just the knot on the ribbon , in order to take him down. As the lawyers were talking amongst each other about what the video could mean for their case, one thing was said that stuck with me. Keep in mind , a lot of what I just said has nothing to do at all with why I'm writing this. It's just context behind how I got the inspiration. With that being said , what was said by one of the lawyers was something along the lines of , whenever someone leaves a video and states certain things about a situation that has anything to do with the law and court and things of that sort , what was said by the then alive ;  now dead person has to be perceived and taking in by the people of the court as the truth. It's some kind of law or something like that. Im no lawyer or by any means study law , so don't quote me on this. He said the reason being is because when someone knows that they're going to die , they literally have no need to lie about anything anymore.  Why ? My guess is because what the fuck do they got to lose. That and I mean , what is the worst that can happen if you tell the truth and fear is the only thing holding you back ? Like , dude you're already dead. Well yeah , that little moment , and what was said had me thinking. We all know for a fact that we're going to die some day , right ? Even if you're going to die many years from now , or a day from now , it's still a fact. So why , do we feel the need to lie all the time ? And I'm not talking about the little lies that don't matter a damn thing. But I'm talking about the real important things. Things that people get killed for. Let me rephrase that. Why do people get killed for the truth? And why do people continue to fear the truth? If literally all you're doing is buying yourself just a little bit more time to continue living a lie? Like , really. What the fuck is the point. Whose to say what the truth even is anymore? Is something the truth just because a lot of people say it is? Or is something a lie because no one believes it's the truth? Honestly , I don't even know what I'm trying to get at here. Im just rambling about something I saw on a television show. But the one thing I did learn from it is. Only the dead tell the truth.