°•♡𝟏𝟕♡•°

°•°•♡•°•°

𝕿𝖍𝖊 five males were heading to the residential area they planned to go the day before, yeonjun walking in the front, kai and beomgyu in the middle and taehyun with soobin in the back. they were going through the woods, trying to avoid as many infected as they could.

taehyun had his baseball bat in hands, the weapon had some spikes in it that helped killing infected more easily. he and soobin were having a small talk that died some minutes before, both being silent now, only watching the others and their surroundings. they almost didn't have to worry about killing creatures because yeonjun made sure to kill them all, almost obsessively.

"hey, tae?" soobin broke the silence, hesitantly. he wasn't sure if it was his place to ask what he was about to.

"yeah?" the shorter send a quick glance to the older before looking ahead again.

"would you tell me about, you know, the people you killed?" taehyun froze in place before sighing. he knew someone would ask eventually, he was just glad it wasn't kai the one to do it, he didn't know how the blonde would react.

"can we wait until we're somewhere? i don't feel like saying it here in the open."

"yeah, sure. whatever you prefer, tae." soobin gave him a smile and dropped the topic, focusing on walking.

they walked for some hours before the tallest told yeonjun to stop, saying they could spend the night in an old warehouse they found in the forest. the place looked like it was abandoned before the whole infection thing, having some putrid wood here and there.

the masked male rolled his eyes, thinking they could walk for some more hours, but didn't say anything. as soon as they got inside though, the black haired said he was going out to look for supplies, not letting anyone answer. soobin hated when he did that.

the other four put their bags on the floor, getting comfortable. kai said he was going to take a nap and beomgyu went with him, both laying on the floor and using their backpacks as a pillow. taehyun then took the role of keeping watch to himself, asking if soobin wanted to come too. he agreed.

when the two were outside, making use of the last hours of sunlight, and with weapons in hand, taehyun started talking.

"one of them was some bastard i met after a year or so from the outbreak. he tried to kill me, i did what i had to do to survive, simple enough." he could still see himself shooting the boy, he was about taehyun's age and looked like a crazy person. that's when taehyun realized some people couldn't preserve their humanity like he did.

soobin stayed quiet, only listening to what the younger had to say, not wanting to interrupt him in any way.

"the other two..." taehyun looked down, taking a deep breath. "were my parents." soobin furrowed his brows, worrying about the shorter boy.

"i was going home when it all started, when i got there it was kinda late. both were bitten by a neighbor, who they managed to kill but not fast enough. my parents were some crazy people, my father taught me how to shoot when i was eleven, saying i should be prepared for when the government would go after the people." taehyun laughed softly. "they were those people that believed in conspiracy theories and stuff, still good parents though. so when i arrived home, they already knew they had to die, my mom begged me for whole ten minutes to shoot her, and well, i did, same with my father after."

"i can still remember the warm smile my father gave me before i pulled the trigger, he died holding my mom's hand...fuck." taehyun brushed his eyes using his hand, trying to prevent his tears from falling. soobin put a hand on his back, rubbing circles on it so he would feel better. "i had nightmares for months about it, killing my own parents, seeing their fucking faces before i made a hole in their heads. and all the blood, there was so much blood, i couldn't get the sight of it out of my head, and the worst part was that i had to stay dirtied with it. i didn't have time to clean my own parents blood out of me when i had to run away and survive."