°•♡𝟒𝟕♡•°

°•°•♡•°•°

𝕯𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 three weeks a lot changed. beomgyu's leg was fully recovered and his eye healing well, the male came back to talking, but only small things and always with kai. the blonde was strong during the last month and stopped having nightmares, now starting to get over the torture, even if some rare night he would still dream about it.

soobin wasn't struggling that much anymore and the reason was simple, he and yeonjun got closer. the two weren't in any type of romantic relationship though, even if wanting to, they just started to spend more time together. there was some kisses here and there, but soobin always pretended it didn't happen and the older just went with it. the black haired was more comfortable with the others presence, not thinking they would kill him as frequently as before.

everything was somewhat getting better.

the good thing was that now that beomgyu was recovered, they could start moving like before. after spending weeks in the same house, the resources around that area were rare, so they needed to go back to moving, and now they could.

"hyuka, can you please tell gyu we'll leave in three days?" soobin looked at the blonde while sitting on the table, yeonjun beside him. the thing was that beomgyu still didn't want to see his brother, so the tallest couldn't give him the news, trying to respect what the other wanted as long as he could.

"sure, where are we going though?" kai stared at the map in front of the two oldest. soobin sighed softly.

"i don't know yet, junnie and i are trying to find a place that could have supplies, but it's hard to know." the male rubbed his face lightly, feeling a hand on his thigh. he stared at it, seeing yeonjun caress it slowly in some sort of reassurance, the taller's right leg was resting on the older's left one, half of it dangling in the air. soobin gave the other a small smile, thanking for the comfort, and then turned to kai. "don't worry, we'll find something. just focus on getting gyu out of that room, we can't leave without him."

"i'm trying for weeks, binnie. you should talk to him." the youngest pulled a chair and sat on it, furrowing his brows from worry.

"i can't, not when he doesn't want to. i'm not forcing him into talking to me, kai, he still needs time, tae's death was too much for him." soobin's eyes watered a bit, but he swallowed the tears, like he always did.

"i know." the blonde sighed, a sad expression on his face.

"he'll come outside the room, being there won't stop him from seeing us eventually. he can't keep hiding from me and bunny for the rest of his life, that'd be ridiculous and would get us killed." yeonjun stated, still looking at the map.

"jun..." soobin looked at him, to which the black haired looked back and rolled his eyes, staying quiet.

"he's getting better but i don't know..." kai stared at the tallest, running his hand through his blonde hair.

"what do you mean?" soobin got worried, he wasn't able to see his brother so his only option was asking for kai to tell him what was happening, but with the conflicted expression on the younger's face, he got anxious.

"it's hard to explain, but something feels off. he doesn't say anything strange but it's the way he's acting, it's weird."

"jun, what does that mean?" soobin stared at the black haired while furrowing his brows.

"why would he know?" kai said confused, but was ignored.

"that's not how it works. i have to look at him, bunny." the older looked at soobin, both having a silent conversation before the taller sighed.

"can't you try asking him?" the brown haired asked, not knowing what to do anymore.

"i can but i doubt he will answer." kai buried his face in his hands, taking care of beomgyu alone was hard, but he knew it was the only option. "i will try and tell you what happened after, okay?"

"yes, thanks hyuka. i really appreciate you taking care of him." soobin reach for the blonde's hand, squeezing it and smiling to the male after.

"it's okay binnie, gyu is my best friend, i don't mind helping him when he needs it." kai returned the smile before getting up and leaving, going to try talking with the long haired. when he left, soobin turned to yeonjun.

"do you think he's okay?"

"i can't say what you want me to say, bunny." the black haired leaned back on the chair back, resting a hand on the leg on top of his thigh. "i can't tell you he'll be fine or why he's strange."

yeonjun looked to the side, staring at the other's pretty features. he knew soobin wanted him to tell everything was going to be okay, but he couldn't, not when things had everything to get wrong.

"you have to wait, something will happen eventually." he shrugged, trying to not be that harsh when answering soobin. yeonjun actually could imagine the reason of beomgyu's strange behavior, but he couldn't tell the younger, or anyone for that matter.

"okay." soobin pouted, unsatisfied with the answer, even if knowing the older was right.

"don't be all pouty on me." yeonjun scoffed, poking soobin's dimple, to which the male smiled.

"i hate you." the taller said, resting his head on the black haired's shoulder. he really liked their current relationship, even if not knowing what it was, soobin could have affection and still keep his heart to himself, it would be perfect, if the taller didn't love yeonjun and wanted more.

"yeah, yeah." the black haired tsked, staring at the map on the table.

"jun?" soobin took his head off of the other's shoulder and stared at him, to which the male hummed not averting his eyes from the piece of paper. "can i sleep in your room today?"

yeonjun looked at him, expressionless as always. he didn't know why the male was asking him that, not when he spent weeks trying to avoid a big contact with the older.

"why?"

"i..." the younger stared at his own hands, not sure of what he was doing. "i'm feeling uneasy because of gyu and..."

"and?"

"you kind of makes me feel better? safe and all." soobin shrugged, closing his eyes to get ready for the harsh rejection.

"then, sure." yeonjun smirked, staring at a close eyed soobin who immediately opened them in surprise.

"really?" the black haired tsked, rolling his eyes.

"i'm not repeating, bunny."

soobin smiled, dimples displaying on his cheeks. if he couldn't have yeonjun, at least he could have his presence. he knew that in the moment beomgyu stepped out of the room, he wouldn't be able to be that close to the black haired, not when his brother hated their relationship with all his will and soobin wanted to make him proud. so the tallest thought of enjoying the little time he had left, because he knew it would tear him apart when he started to avoid the older again.

°•°•♡•°•°