Philippines (HeeJay)

Jay

I am currently going through my stuff because apparently, my little brother's hoodie might have been mixed up with my clothes. Or it is just him asking me to fix my closet, either which is his reason for disturbing my sleep, then good for him.

Goodness I'm still sleepy.

"Hyung! I'm sorry, mom said she just threw it in the laundry room"

I groan in frustration when I look at my now messy closet and a lazy self. Now who's gonna fix this?

My brother peeked inside and his eyes widen.

"I'm so sorry I disturbed you"

I met his eyes and he's pouting at me making me groan. Of course my own self cannot get mad at him. My brother is such a kid despite being 14. 

"It's alright . .I'll just let that be"

"Oh..  Hyung what's this?"

I turn to him and saw him holding a box and instantly, I recognize that.

"Wonie . . leave me for a moment?"

He smiled as he left my room and I carefully took the box he found somewhere in my closet. It is just a normal box but it holds something not normal.

I went to my bed before opening it and instantly, I smiled at the photo. It is a baby picture of someone special to me, my first love as they say. He gave me this a long time ago. In the box are our photos growing up.

His grandfather is friends with my grandfather so we grew up together. You can say that I am a bastard, literally because I don't know who my dad is. My mom had me at her teenage years before she met my step dad, Jungwon's father. I have two step siblings, Jaeyun, and Jungwon.

But my smile was replaced with a sad one when I lift our last photo together.

This was taken the last night I went over to their house for a sleepover

This was taken the last night I went over to their house for a sleepover. Then the next day, I woke up to police cars around the house and none of their family members in sight.

A police officer came up to me telling me that the whole family has been involved with a huge scam that managed to steal millions from people. I didn't understand at first but I just ran out of there and asked my grandfather about it.

He had a hunch that the whole family has been framed for it. I tried to enter the police station that day to at least see if he's alright but they won't let me in saying the case is so huge and controversial as the other victims are known public figures.

Because my family is friends with them, we also got interviewed but because we don't know about the scam, we literally don't know what to tell them.

After a few months, my grandfather managed to prove their innocence when he found evidence that they were framed. My step dad being a lawyer return to court and cleared their name when he proved that they're not guilty.