19 years ago Pt. 4 (JakeHoon)

Sungjae

Call it an accident but I call it dwdicat and strategy. Me having a fever on my dad's birthday to distract him while my mom prepared the surprise is not an accident.

I know to myself that I am not that strong when it comes to cold food and drinks. I can recall me having a fever because I ate a tub of ice cream inside an air conditioned office and the next thing I know is my mom panicking as she drove me to the hospital.

I did the same today. And because I don't wanna raise suspicion, I did it slowly. After my shift at the cafe, I will always go to the ice rink where mom will prepare the surprise and eat ice cream without any jacket on. It went on for a week and I got nervous because I might have a better immune system now that I'm older so I ate more ice cream and iced tea inside the rink and then the next morning, I woke up with my head pounding and me sweating as I tried to cover myself because I'm feeling cold. And because my fever is not sudden as I've been feeding my system cold food, my temperature is actually higher than expected.

I hate being sick but if it means helping my parents get together, I won't mind. It is also risky if I were younger because the last time, I stayed in the hospital for days.

I'm glad it paid off tho, the afternoon when I woke up after Jungwon gave me my medicine, my parents walked into the apartment hand in hand and I can't help but pat myself on the back. They look so happy.

That night, they had a pool party at Jay's mansion which is so familiar to me because this is where they live in my present time. I also manage to meet Jay's parents who are absolutely amazing people. In my time, Jaewon's grandparents both passed away on the same year. Jaewon told me that they both died in a plane crash when they are going to USA before he was even born. They died the same year I was born so 2025. Summer of 2025.

Jay said once that if he were to bring back time, he would have not booked them an early flight or he would have not let them go there at all.

Can I perhaps change it?

I mean, I managed to change the course of dad's 19th birthday and nothing has happened to me. Might as well use this opportunity to help others as well.

"Kids, there are burgers here still"

Jay's mom is so sweet that she even grilled us burgers.

"Hello . . so you're the famous Sungjae my son is talking about . . . I must say, he's not kidding when he said you look like a mixture of Jaeyun and Sunghoon. . handsome young man"

I just smiled as I don't know what to respond.

I'm getting used to this already and I'm scared that if I will go back to my world, I won't be able to be sane again.

As we're eating, Jungwon suddenly let out a shriek making us all look at their direction and what I saw made me understand the shriek.

Mom has a mark on her neck.

I don't know if I should be happy and all but I felt like this is not meant for me to see.

Dad is quick.

_______

*time skip*

I don't know when will I be staying in this timeline but it has been three years and I am still here, living with them and I already saw them graduate and all. I have seen Jay propose to Jungwon just after they graduate and same as Sunoo and Riki.

Dad is already planning on doing his own proposal but he has to delay it because he has a competition. Yes, he won the nationals and now he just finished winning the competition representing Korea in the international figure skating competition. Next step I think will be the Olympics. I'm not sure however, he told me that he will be proposing to my mom on her birthday. I mean, it is like tomorrow and he will do it first thing in the morning because according to him, he won't splurge on the engagement just like Jay and Riki because first he doesn't have that much money like them to spend and lastly, he was saving up for a grand and luxurious wedding for the two of them.