19 years ago EXTRA (JakeHoon)

Jaeyun

It's been a week now since Sungjae suddenly entered our lives and let me tell you, I have never been this attached to a stranger before. I have always this urge inside of me to protect him, to take care of him, heck I even visit him at the cafe he works at thanks to Jay's connections.

The thing is, ever since he came into our lives, Sunghoon and I have never been this close. We were friends indeed but after he asked me out on a date, I can't help but feel like beautiful things have been happening with Sungjae around.

He's so precious and the fact that he will always accidentally call me Mom is making my heart want to melt. It felt so real like he's really my son.

He told me that he is now slowly gaining some vague memories of his parents so Sunghoon and I agreed for him to call us his parents. Maybe with this, his memory of his real parents will resurface and then he will remember where he's from, his family name, and his identity.

Although I don't want him to go back, I will help him because I want him to remember too. Having amnesia could drive someone crazy so I don't want him to go through that. I will help him the way I can.

I've been dating Sunghoon for days only but whenever we're together with Sungjae, I can literally see my future with him. Us as a family, eating dinner at a table as we talk about things. I don't know and I don't understand how Sungjae is doing all these things to me and Sunghoon.

Even Sunghoon admits to me that he has a huge pull of emotions when Sungjae is around. He feels like he has met a really close friend in a stranger. He has that feeling of love towards him that he cannot explain and often asks me how can a person love a stranger so quickly but in a fatherly way?

I am not a parent so I don't know how a mother or father feels toward their child but the feeling of love Sunghoon and I have for Sungjae is to the point that we wanna adopt him as our child.

Currently, Sunoo and Jungwon are sitting with me in the cafe as we wait for Sungjae to bring us our orders.

"So. . Sunghoon's birthday is coming up so what do you girls got him?"

I froze when I realized how I forgot.

Damn it Jungwon, why did you mention?

Well if she didn't mention then I wouldn't know so thanks I guess.

"Oooh. . . Yunie has no gift?"

Sunoo teased me as she lean on the table as she gaze at me with her teasing smile making me squish her cheek.

"Help me please . . I don't wanna embarrass myself. . . "

I held their hands desperate for a suggestion when our food came and upon seeing Sungjae, I immediately turn to him for help.

"Sungjae . . can you spare me a minute?"

He smiled and nodded and gosh he's so like Sunghoon it's crazy.

"Sunghoon's 19th birthday is coming and I don't have a gift for him. . . can you suggest one?"

He looks confused making me nervous.

"Give him what he loves. . what does he love or like?"

I begin to think but I cannot think of anything since he never tell me if he likes something.

"I can only think of one thing Sunghoon loves"

I turn to Jungwon but I regret asking her that.

"What?"

"Give him something or rather someone he loves. . I can only think of you Jaeyun .."