Butterfly Pt. 2 (HeeNu)

Geonu

"What do you mean you can't find my daughter?! Daniel I swear to God if something happens to her you're dead to me!"

"Hyung I'm sorry, I'm looking for her now, it's just that she asked me to get her some ice cream and when I let go of her hand to pay, she ran off"

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the park near the university. . . I'm looking around now"

"I'm on my way"

I swear, I should have trusted my instinct and did not allow Kim Daniel to take my daughter out.

My heart is pounding that I can literally hear it as my hands are shaking. I quickly fixed the papers in my drawers, locking all my things in my locker as I hurry out the faculty room and outside the university. Without waiting for the red light, I ran across the street praying that no car will kill me and as I manage to cross, I immediately ran to the direction of the park.

I tried to calm my nerves as I began to think of positive things. Maybe she's just nearby. Playing with other kids.

I never ran this fast in my life before and the fear that someone has taken my daughter is literally killing me from the inside.

My mind began to pray to whoever my prayers could reach to not harm my daughter. She's all I have of my own and I will literally die if something bad had happen to her. And I know it sounds so bad at this moment, but I'm taking Daniel with me. I swear, I will never let that kid near her.

The thing is, Daniel and Nabi, my daughter had always been friends and Daniel will always take her out when I'm busy with paperworks but not until now.

When I got there, I immediately spotted him frantically asking people around.

"What happened"

"Hyung, I swear. I only let go of her hand to reach for the money to pay the ice cream. . ."

"Are there butterflies when you got here?"

"I saw none . . that's why I let go of her hand"

My daughter loves butterflies and whenever we go to any place, I must hold her or carry her because she would run off whenever she spotted a butterfly. The last time she did this almost brought her to the streets one time.

I look around and indeed, there are no butterflies anywhere.

"I'll look over that side. . you continue. ."

I ran to the opposite side where Daniel went as I tried to spot her dress among the crowd. I also started asking people but unfortunately, no one has seen her. How come no one has seen her?

Just then, Daniel called me.

"You found her?"

"Yeah . . but she's with someone"

"What are you doing?! Go get her"

"But hyung . . I think you should come . ."

I rushed towards his direction and saw him frozen as he stood on one spot and gaze ahead with wide eyes.

What on Earth? If that person is a kidnapper then they would have taken her immediately and Daniel has a chance to stop them but chose not to.

Indeed, my daughter is seated on one of the benches as the unknown stranger fixes the strap of her shoes.