Alternate Universe (SunSun)

(This is an alternate universe from my story "When Destiny Works". This is an alternative plot if Sunoo survived the accident. If you're not familiar with that story, don't worry because this chapter won't be confusing)

Sunghoon

I tried my best to hold myself up for the news because the moment the doctor told us that the truck driver didn't make it alive, there are voices in my head that kept telling me that Sunoo might not make it out alive too.

But, my little hope for my Sunshine held me up and Jay supporting me added to that.

"As for the student, he's responding and we still see signs of life from him. If he stays strong, he will survive this one ..  Don't worry, we'll do our best and we will help him fight"

The doctor left and my knees give way making me sit on the chairs and not long after, Sunoo's mom and Jungwon came running towards us with Jungwon trying his best to not shed a tear as he held Sunoo's mother to not fall on the floor.

"The doctor said he's responding and there is a chance he will be alright. . don't be scared, Sunoo is strong, he can make it"

Jay tried to comfort them as they sat beside me.

My heart breaks for the family of the truck driver especially when I saw a kid probably around six years old crying for his father. If only I just picked him up, we could have avoided the accident and this family couldn't have lost a member.

__

A few hours have passed and the doctor finally came out with a smile on his face.

"He's stable. . . he's responding quite well that it surprised us. . he will be transfered to a private room and we'll wait for him to wake up. . it won't take long considering the fact that he's quickly adapting to the treatment"

We let out a sigh of relief when he said that and I couldn't wait any longer to see him. I almost lost him.

We were then told that we can enter his room so I immediately ran to the room the nurse told us and opening it, I saw him, peacefully asleep with machines hooked in him to help him stabilize.

I stepped closer and saw how there are visible wounds on his face. His hands have some cuts and so are his arms. His face is no excuse are there are some wounds, probably from the windshield cracking. But no matter what wound, his cheeks still has its pretty pink shade. Although it isn't that vibrant anymore, it's still there.

"I'm here Sunshine. . . don't worry about anything and stay strong. When you wake up, I promise to wake up early now so I will be able to pick you up until you're well again. . . however, I don't know if I'll let you drive ever again . . "

I kissed his knuckles as I sat beside his bed. Not long after, his mom entered making me stand to give her some time with her son.

"He's gonna be fine Hoon"

Jungwon said making me smile.

Yeah, he's gonna be fine. He'll wake up soon.

___

Indeed, after a week, I entered his room and I saw him with his mother as the oxygen mask is now replaced with the oxygen that is inserted in his nose.

"Hello Ice Prince"

His mom smiled at me before placing a kiss on Sunoo's forehead and walks up to me.

"I'm gonna follow up with his doctor. I'll be back later"

I gave her a bow and the moment the door closed, I ran towards him and I couldn't help but cry.