𝑂𝑛𝑒

-Spencer's pov-

I sit on a bench in the park in the dark, only a few street lights in the distance. School starts again tomorrow and god do I know there is gonna be drama. See, during the summer me and the 'popular' girl Maddie started dating, don't ask how...It just happened.

We're complete opposites.

I mean I have friends. Two. But I don't really talk to anyone else, I stay quiet in all my classes I don't speak up very often, my grades are mostly good.

I'm starting my senior year and I'm just nervous about it, what am I supposed to do after high school? My Mom wont be able to pay for my college and that's for sure.

I let my head fall back with a groan of frustration, why am I sitting in the middle of a park on a bench, at night....

Well, maybe because I can't exactly relax at home. It's just a constant reminder that my Dad died. He died in that house, anytime I sit and think that's what my mind goes to there.

"Are you okay?" I hear a voice and I jump lifting my head quickly.

I catch the eye of a blonde woman who's half smiling at me, she's tall. Very beautiful smile if I do say so myself.

"Hi, yeah, sorry. I'm just thinking to myself." I smile, snapping out of it.

She looks at me for a second as she puts her hands in her jacket pocket, she sits down beside me on the bench. I look to her confused.

"Oh sorry, am I not allowed to sit here?" She smiles sarcastically.

"Sorry-You are...I was just surprised, that's all." I laugh, looking away from the woman.

"What's your name?" She asks me.

"Spencer, you?"

"Juliet."

"That's a beautiful name." I smile looking at the trees in the park because I don't know where to look otherwise.

"Thank you. Now tell me what's up, I know I'm a stranger and all but talk, come on, it's not like we'll see each other again." She bumps my shoulder and smiles, I notice that she has dimples, which makes me want to smile in return.

"It's nothing-well it's something. Basically I started dating the 'mean, popular girl' as people would describe her. She's in my school and all her friends bullied and continue to say stuff since middle school, so I don't know what's gonna happen when school starts tomorrow. Is my girlfriend gonna ignore me, or is she gonna talk to me? It's just confusing, you know?"

She nods looking at me, I can tell she's listening very carefully. She reminds me of a therapist or something, I don't know why.

"If she ignores you and pretends like you don't exist, end things. You deserve better than that. Don't make excuses to stay in your mind because it will only get worse." She tells me and I keep looking at her as I nod my head slightly.

"Okay, thank you." I laugh awkwardly and scratch my neck as I look away from her.

"No problem. I must to go, I hope see you around, Spencer, and I hope you figure things out." She smiles before she gets up, walking away. As she walks away she looks over her shoulder at me still smiling, I can't help but return the smile.

Who is this woman, and why do I want to know her more from just five minutes of talking?