𝑆𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

-Graduation-

I get into my graduation outfit and start curling my hair. I can't believe it, I'm graduating high school. I'm sad that dad can't be there tho.

I do some light makeup and take a deep breath before walking downstairs nearly tripping in my heels. I see my mom and Sam waiting at the end of the stairs.

"Took you long enough to get ready." Sam laughs and I roll my eyes.

The front door opens and I look over to see Juliet walk inside in a maroon suit. She smiles at me and I struggle to run over to her in my heels. I wrap my arms around her and she hugs me back.

"You look beautiful, how are you feeling?" She says and leans back to look at me.

"Scared, my speech is really shit." I laugh and she puts my hair behind my ear.

"I bet it's amazing, I'm proud of you." She smiles.

"Go next to each other for a photo." My mom says and I turn around stand beside Juliet with my hand on her waist and I smile.

"There we go, now come on graduation girl." My mom says and smiles and I open the door.

"I'll see you there my love." Juliet smiles and kisses my nose and I smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After everyone goes to the football field where the seats and stage is set up we all sit down.

Mr Davis starts talking and I reach into my pocket to get my speech. I felt nothing in my pocket. No way.

Shit. shit. shit. shit.

I swallow the lump growing in my throat and try to calm down. No Spencer do not have a fucking panic attack over a speech.

The teachers start going up saying little things about our class. God it's getting closer Spencer, you can either make a run for it or go up there and probably start crying.

I can't go ask my mom to go get it, she won't be back in time and if I stand up and go back to her everyone will stare. Shit Spencer how could you be so fucking stupid.

Peoples names start getting called, oh thank god he's doing that first.

I sit and wait for my name to be called while everyone starts walking up and coming back down.

"Spencer rose." Fuck, I stand up and walk up on the stage and he hands me my diploma and shakes my hand.

"Well done Spencer."

"Thank you mr Davis." I smile and he nods and I walk back down to my seat.

Eventually everyone goes up and he goes back to the microphone.

"Now we have Spencer rose saying a few words." Mr Davis smiles and everyone claps and I stand up and walk up on the stage. Breathe Spencer.

I stand in front of the microphone and look around at everyone, my eyes land on Juliet and she smiles and puts her thumbs up.

"Woah okay....Um." I start talking but my heart was basically in my throat. I take a deep breathe and close my eyes for a second before opening them again.

"I'd like to thank everyone in my class and all the teachers for helping me through out these terrible but best four years of my life. High school for me was difficult, well nothing is easy is it." I say and everyone laughs.

"I hope some of you become better people and treat people better then you did. High school really is only the beginning of your life and if you treat people horribly in the real world, I'll pray for you." I laugh.

"High school taught me a lot and not just about algebra and all that, it has taught me that you have to let some people go for the better. Some people just aren't meant to be in your life. High school has taught me not to be a sheep and follow the crowd, be nice to people. You don't know what anyone if going through. I'm sure you all have your own things going on with you. Nobody is perfect, nobody will ever be perfect. But we're all human and have feelings, so don't hurt someone just because it makes you feel better. You don't know how far someone is to giving up. Trust me I know things can get really hard, but it does get better. Maybe not for a while but it does."

"High school has also taught me about love, love is...hard but it's amazing. You need to love yourself before you love someone else, find yourself and don't rush. You will find the love of your life, so again don't rush it. Love comes unexpectedly, really unexpectedly. You'll know when you find the love of your life, they way they make you feel. They'll make you feel like your facing your biggest fear around them you'll get so nervous. But they'll also make you feel like they'll protect you against your biggest fear. Don't say you love someone if you don't mean it, love is a strong word for when you feel strong feelings."

"Lastly high school has taught me to believe in myself, you really can do anything if you want to, doubt kills more dreams then failure ever will. Don't forget that success doesn't come from what you occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently. Never forget that you are beautiful and stronger then you'll ever realise. Thank you again to all the teachers who helped me through out these last few years." I smile and step away from the microphone and everyone claps.

I walk down the steps and sit back down in my seat.

"You've all officially graduated, thank you all and I appreciate you!" Mr Davis says and everyone throws their hats off.

I smile and stand up walking down to my mom and sister while everyone starts talking.

I look around for Juliet and I meet her eye and she starts walking over to me. I run over and hug her.

"Knew you'd be amazing." Juliet whispers in my ear.

"I'm officially not your student anymore." I lean back with a smile and kiss her. I hear a few gasps around me.

I lean back and Juliet's face was going red.

"I'll probably get fired after that." She looks at me and laughs.

"Mr Davis already knows, he won't fire you." I smile and steps back.

"Let's leave, I never have to come back here again." I laughs and she does too.

I put my hand around her waist and she puts her hand around my shoulder. I lean my head against her as we walk away.

That's when I realised.

I made it dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miss Levine sequel is now out!!!!