𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

"Sorry Elijah!" I run past him trying to get through the kitchen to the workers bathroom to change since I'm already late.

I get through and run into the bathroom locking the door. I quickly get out of my outfit and put on my black button up dress and put in my waist apron.

I root through my bag and find my little note pad and pen and put it in my apron.

I quickly put my hair in a bun and run out of the bathroom.

Jamie the manager stops me as I run out.

"Where were you Rose?" He asks.

"Fuck I'm sorry Jamie, I got detention I rushed here like there was no tomorrow."

"Kids these days." He scoffs and rolls his eyes and moves out of my way.

I run out to the restaurant and waited for more people to come in.

A man and a woman came in and I walked over to them.

"Table for two?" I asked.

"Yes please." They said.

"Right over there, when your ready to order just put the menus down and I'll be right over." I smile and they do too and walk over to the table I was pointing at.

I look around and see a family looking for a waiter so I walk over.

"Ready to order?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll have the spaghetti. My husband would like the steak with a side salad. My kids would like two chicken nugget meals." The woman says.

"Okay perfect, how would you like your steak cooked sir?" I asked writing down their order.

"Medium."

"Okay...and what drinks?"

"Two water and two cokes."

"Okay perfect I'll be back with your drinks." I smile and run to the kitchen and hand a cook Elijah the order.

I get there drinks and put them in a tray and walk back to their table, I set the drinks down and Elijah said he would bring there food out.

I walk over to the man and woman that came in.

"Ready to order?" I ask.

"Yes. Could I get the brisket cheeseburger with a coke please." The woman says and I nod.

"I'll have the same." The man says.

"Perfect I'll be back with your drinks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Few hours later-

I drop down into a seat at a table as the last person left the restaurant.

"Ughh." I drop my head on the table.

"Stop being dramatic Spencer. You literally work here three times a week I work everyday." Elijah laughs as he locks the door.

At this point we were the only ones left since it was nearly 10pm.

"Yeah, but you don't have school." I lift my head up to look at him and he rolls his eyes.

I stand up and take off my apron and drop it on a chair and walk to the kitchen to get some spray and cloths.

I go back and clean the tables with Elijah. My phone buzzed in my apron but I leave it and clean the rest of the tables.

"Do you ever feel alone even though you have people that care about you?" I ask him.

"Eh..not really." He looks up at me and I nod.

"Why trouble in paradise?" He asks.

"Not really, just feels like I'm doing something wrong with my life or with somebody." I sigh.

"You talking about that St.James girl?"

"Yeah I don't know, it feels wrong being with her."

"End it so."

"Easier said then done."

"Do you like somebody else."

"No. I just don't think me and her are meant to be together."

"Right. Well head out of here kid,I'll clean up."

"Thanks Elijah." I grab my apron and head to the back to get my bag.

I walk out the door saying goodbye to Elijah. I start to walk to my car and drop my keys on the ground.

"Shit." I say as I lean down to get them. I heard a whistle behind me.

Fuck.

I stand up and look behind me at a few homeless drunk men looking at me.

"Give us a show sweet girl." One says looking me up and down.

"Fuck off." I say.

"You single?" Another one says. This is why I do not like men.

"No I am not but I am half your fucking age." I roll my eyes and start walking to my car again until I feel a hand grab my shoulder. I turn it was one of the men and another one walking closer behind him. Not fucking happening.

I kick him right into his..area and he falls back and I kick him again and he falls onto the floor.

"Fucking pedophile go get a job or something instead of living on the streets hitting on young girls." I spit on him and the other men run over.

"Think your strong or something, I'll beat the living shit out of you, little whore." One of the men walks up to me, he was bigger, he looked a lot stronger.

I heard a loud exhaust sound getting closer and i look over to see a motorcycle park right beside me and had the lights on. Is that...

Someone hops off and takes off their helmet, and just as I suspected it was Miss Levine.

"Get out of here before I call the cops on your asses." She says.

The man on the floor quickly gets up and they all run away.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I was across the street in the little shop but saw them getting closer to you, I didn't even recognise you till I pulled up. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you I've got to get home tho."I smile and she nods as I walk away.

"Spencer, be careful next time. I don't want anything worse happening." She says behind me and I look over my shoulder and nod as I felt something light up in my stomach.

I get into my car and lock it and let out a sigh of relief.