𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

-Miss Levines POV-

The bell rings and the class start packing up their stuff and leaving, all except Spencer who has detention.

I was going to take this time to try to get her to open up to me. I was trying to be nosy I just wanted her to let it out so it didn't bottle up and hurt even more. I could see pain in her eyes, the way she acts so happy all the time, seems like she has the perfect life. I noticed once her friends stop talking to her, her mouth would twitch to the left side, if someone she doesn't really talk to, talks to her, her leg will start shaking.

I notice the small things, she's different from everyone else, which she had already told me the night at the park. But I wanted to know more about her, like her favourite movie,song or even colour. Little things can tell you different things about people. Like most people who love pink are really girly and things along that line.

I walk over to the desk in front of hers and turn a chair around to face her, I sit down and she looks up at me.

"Hi." She smiles and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Hello. Spencer I want you to talk to me, I'm not forcing you, but it helps to let it out. I can tell your going through stuff like any other teenager, you hide it well but I want to know more about you." I sit back and she tilts her head looking down at her hands on the table.

"I don't know." She said quietly and my eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know anything, like I'm confused about everything. I feel trapped like I'm slowly getting strangled, like I have no freedom. I'm not supposed to be with my girlfriend like she's a total bitch and we're opposite of each other shes the cheerleading captain and I don't even do any sports or have any friends. It's ridiculous." She shakes her head sitting back.

"It's not ridiculous. I think you feel trapped and like you have no freedom because you feel like you have to do certain thing certain way to..please your girlfriend. I know how she is, popular rich bitch." She laughs and I do too.

"But you do have friends. I can tell those two friends your always with love you. But I can also tell they worry about you. I haven't been here a week and I noticed all different things about each and every student. You tho, you hide your feelings really well like. I just want to know more about you and what's bothering you so thank you for telling me how you feel, but what are you going through?"

"Nothing." She shrugs and I lean forward crossing my arms on the table.

"Spencer, we're all going through something, you can tell me honestly. I don't say anything back to the principal I'm doing this to help you feel better, I've talked to a few students already."

"So you go talking and helping students?" She asks and I nod.

"Well..your helping everyone, but who's helping you?" She asks and my heart quickens.

"I don't need he-"

"But you do. I notice things to you know, your the type of person that if you had five dollars left to get food for yourself you wouldn't, instead you would starve and give it to a homeless person because you think they need it more." She says and I tilt my head, she's not even wrong.

"Your not wrong you know." I sit back with a chuckle.

"I also know your going through shit, you went through the worst shit in high school that really hurt you, so you talk to people so that they don't feel how you felt." My heart beats even faster as I sit up in the chair, wow she's good at reading people...almost as good as me. She raises a eyebrow and I smirk at her.

"Your good, your really good." I chuckle and she laughs.

"I know." I meet her eye and we both freeze. A few seconds later I blink and look away.

"Okay all serious tho Spencer, if you need to talk..." i stand up and run to my desk and get a piece of paper and a pen and run back to my seat in front of her. I write down my number and hand it to her.

"Just text me." I smile and she takes it and nods.

"Do you give your number to all your students?" She smiles.

"Only my favourites. Oh my god no that sounded wrong fuck I'm sorry, I just mean the students who need someone to talk to." I slap a hand to my head in embarrassment as she starts laughing.

I take my phone out of my pocket and realise there was only five minutes left in detention.

"There's only five minutes left, you can leave early I won't tell Mr Davis." I wink and she smiles putting her stuff in her bag and I stand up turning the chair back around.

I walk up to my desk and pack up my stuff.

"Goodbye Juliet." She smiles and I look up and meet her eye and I shake my head smiling, I'm such a idiot. I literally wrote at the top of the paper. Juliet Levine instead of Miss Levine.