Chapter 3: Private affair.

Iyana's POV

We stop by the garage and go to the bathroom to relieve ourselves and also buy some snacks. Now that I'm closer to home I can't help but shake off the bad feeling I have. I hardly get a bad feeling when I come home, yes I don't like coming back because I deal with certain people who I'd rather not see but the feeling that I'm feeling right now is not good.

What Imenathi mumbled has been bothering me so I was quiet throughout the ride. I didn't wanna confront her or anything so it was best to choose silence. Yesterday she chose to say that she has a side chick as a lie and today when asked if we want to stop somewhere she said side chick's place. She could have said his name I wouldn't have thought too much about it but now its consuming me.

We get to our street and i see cars parked and people moving in and out of our yard. I didn't expect anything less from my parents cause they going to make a big deal about this. I'm sure if Imenathi had chosen someone poor or average they wouldn't have gone all out but since his a businessman he has to be impressed and i mean they would do anything to make sure his satisfied and when I say anything I mean anything. But at least she chose someone successful. Ain't no starting from the bottom now we here at her age.

We park outside the gate and the chaffuer opens the door for us and we thank him. "I think I might enjoy this lifestyle of chaffuerism." I say and he chuckles. "It was nice being your chaffuer cause you even covered my meal." he says and we both laugh. "If it wasn't generosity day in her books you were going to pay for your own meal." He chuckles.

"Do you need help with the bags?" he asks and i shake my head no. We take out our bags from the boot and wave the chaffuer goodbye. At least he will be back to fetch us on Sunday. The neighbours are busy helping us as if they care but all they want is tea to gossip about. This is one of the two million reasons why I never visit home like these people know how to invade a person's space. The fact that I'm going to be here until Sunday is traumatic cause it's a three day process.

We pass the main house and go to the rondavels we usually sleep in when we visiting and we dump our luggage and snacks there. I'm sure we going to stay up late eating and gossiping instead of sleeping and preparing for tomorrow but I don't mind because I know I will miss my sister once she's married.

"Aren't we supposed to change?" asks Nandi. "I'm in the mood to defy my mother's orders today so I'm not changing." I answer and we laugh. "Lets go then Iyana has got our back." I roll my eyes. These people and condoning my behaviour. "Every man for himself God for us all so if you want to change the stage is yours." We laugh.

"Lets just go." says Imenathi. We walk to the main house and go straight to the kitchen. We'll most likely find our mother there cause when it comes to the kitchen she isn't there to play games and she is an amazing cook so that's the best part. Nothing more depressing then having a horrible cook taking over the kitchen thinking they can do something but they can't.

Just as I suspected we find her there wearing her apron and chopping onions. "I was expecting for you to scream and hug us mama." I say. "Oh you guys have arrived and are not wearing dresses." she says and i roll my eyes. Very dramatic old lady. "What a lovely way to welcome us home." says Imenathi. "Sawbona ma." the others greet. (Hello.)

"Come give us a hug and stop complaining about dresses what matters is that we have arrived safe and sound. Just imagine ditching a lobola negotiation or something happens before then." I say. We wrap ourselves in her embrace and i enjoy it for a second. I love my mom i won't lie but she's the definition of dramatic. "Senifikile siyabonga." said Phume aka stepmother. (You've arrived we are grateful.)