Chapter 55: Deserves to know.

Nkosinathi's POV

"Can you make sure they get delivered to her office." I say and my PA nods. "Thanks ungahamba." The moment the door closes I release a breath i didn't know I was holding. (you can go.) I feel bad for snapping at her like that and i get that she has every right to be angry at me but I wish she just gave me a chance to explain things.

I rub my temple before I continue with my work. As I'm working I get a text message from an unsaved number.

Unknown number: -Hey Nkosi it's Ime. Thank you for giving me your numbers. Can we meet up so we can talk things out. The least I can do is give you some proper closure for the things that transpired between us. We can meet up at any location you want and whenever you want to.
Me: Lets meet up at Mugg and Bean around three.
Imenathi: Okay thank you❤.

I put my phone away and continue with work. The reason why I came home late yesterday was because I bumped into Imenathi and she asked for my numbers so we can talk things and i gave it to her. I feel guilty for doing it behind Iyana's back but I also need answers. I know therapy will only help to a certain extent and if I want to heal I need to get closure from the person that caused my pain.

I check the time and it's time for my general meeting with the staff and managers. I take my phone and head to the boardroom. I get to the boardroom and sit at the head of the table and wait for the others to come in. The others do and the meeting starts.

We cover the main objectives of the meetings which is to discuss the financial status of the business and brainstorm new ideas on how to get clients. We have a few celebratory moments with the staff that did well for this month and i give them a little speech for motivation. We end the meeting and i walk back to my office.

I take my bags and leave. I get inside my car and drive to Mugg and Bean to meet up with Imenathi. A part of me is telling me that I shouldn't be doing this because it might hurt Iyana but the other part wants closure so I can move on fully. I think the regret and guilt of not telling her last night is catching up to me.

I get to the mall and head to Mugg and Bean. I already find her there and the waiter leads me to her table. I sit down and we greet each other. "I'll have some water with lemon." I say. "Just plain water for me." says Imenathi. The waiter nods and he walks away. "This better be worth my time." "I promise you it will." "Start talking."

"How are you?" she asks. "Lets cut the pleasantries and skip to the reason why we are here." I say. "Oh sorry about that. I wanted to tell you I'm sorry for the way I left. It was supposed to be the happiest day of our life yet i ruined it for my own selfish reasons." "Has your relationship ended that's why you are back?" "No its not about that. I feel like I owe you an honest apology cause you deserve to move on."

"I have moved on." I say and she can't hide the surprise and shock on her face. "Oh wow congratulations and I'm happy for you about that." she says. "Why did you leave me like that? Usually normal people just tell their partners that they don't want them anymore. They don't wait till the negotiations are planned to run away." She sighs. "I know but I just couldn't bring myself to tell you that. I loved you."

The waiter brings our water and we thank him. "No you didn't. If you truly loved me like you say you did you wouldn't have chosen another man over me. Was I never enough for you? Didn't I make you feel wanted and loved? Didn't I prioritize you and made sure all your needs are met before my own?" I ask. "You did Nkosinathi but..." "But what Imenathi."