Chapter 44: Give us a chance.

Nkosinathi's POV

"You know the tension between you two is becoming overbearing." says mam Zodwa. "Umfana uyamhlanyisa uIyana so I won't entertain shit. If she wants to talk to me properly she knows where to find me I didn't go anywhere." I say and she sighs. (Boys make her crazy.)  "She has been trying to apologise but you keep shutting her out."

"Ma can we not talk about her. I don't need a mood spoiler I'm bored as it is already." I say. "So how is it going with the finding that person?" she asks. "He has two sons. The one does legal stuff and is not involved while the other is running things with his father." "You guys are so quick. But technology helps you a lot. Imagine if the war was back in the day."

"It was going to take some time to gather the information." I say. "Uzobu kokota emnyango wabantu ubuza ngo Zikalala." she says and we laugh.(You would be knocking on doors asking about the Zikalala's.) "Raising suspicions moes lapho." "But it's the only available option." "Surely it wasn't." My phone buzzes and it's a message from Mpendulo telling me that I should meet him at club Phoenix.

What is this one doing in a club? "I have to go I have been summoned by your annoying son." I say. "You summoning yourself?" she asks and i roll my eyes. "Mpendulo. I'm not annoying unlike that one." "The both of you are." "I could never reach his level though." We chuckle. "Hamba ke." (Leave.)

I stand up and take my keys off the key rack and leave. I get inside my car and bring the ignition to life and drive off. I feel like I'm watching reenactments of my life from a distance. I've chosen to block out the feelings that i have for Iyana and numb the pain I felt when I cut her off.

I saw that look in her eyes when she wanted to make things better but what did I do. I shut her out. Opening up your heart after it being hurt several times isn't easy. I should have given her a chance to explain but my mind was clouded by anger of the accusations she threw at me. I don't tolerate disrespect and the tone that she used I don't appreciate.

The other part of me felt glad when we had our fight because I used it as an opportunity to push her away from me and try to block my feelings for her. But that all went down the drain when I saw her crying this morning. I wasn't supposed to comfort her because I knew that it would cause internal battles between my mind and heart but I wasn't going to leave without checking if she is okay.

I don't think I'll be able to keep my feelings in anymore. I know I should just forget and move on because she has someone but it's not easy getting rid of her in my mind. Not when I have continuous flashbacks of our conversations late at night. Or when I feel like cuddling her but then her side is empty. I don't know how I'll tell her but I'll just put it as it is tonight and see whether she accepts or not.

Even though my chances of rejection are high at least she will know how i feel and i won't be having any internal battles within me anymore. I want to give us a shot and see where it goes. I always like giving things a try and failing them knowing at least i knew I tried but it didn't work out so why should my marriage be different with this. Whether she accepts it or not I will confess to her tonight.

I get to club Phoenix and i head inside. I spot Mpendulo at the bar drinking and i walk towards him. I sit down and order a double scotch on the rocks. "Zikhiphani ngawe?" I ask. (What's going on with you?) "Kuningi and i need someone to talk too." he answers.(It's a lot.) "Oh wow I'm your trusted confidant." "This is serious." "Oh okay I'm listening."