Chapter 21: Getting hands dirty.

Iyana's POV

I never thought I would be kissing Nkosinathi right now. I think the reason why i gave in was because he asked for consent. I found that really cute and hot. Nothing makes me respect a man more than when he asks for consent because we all know how men are nowadays.

But I also know that he needs someone to lean on so it won't mean much to him as it doesn't mean anything to me. After this I need to move on and forget that i ever kissed him. I'm enjoying the kiss and i don't want to stop this. We pull apart to catch our breaths and we stare at each other.

"Fuck I'm sorry I wasn't supposed to let that happen." he says and pushes me off his lap. He stands up and goes inside the house leaving me with my own thoughts. I wipe my lips for some odd reason or maybe it's because I'm trying to wipe away the memory. His a good kisser that's for sure.

I stand up and go inside the house without forgetting to lock the sliding door. I go to the kitchen and pour myself a glass of water and drink to try and calm myself down. I rinse the cup and leave it on the dish rack and go to my bedroom to get some rest.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I wake up and do my morning routine and wear dusty pink tracksuit pants and a matching top. I tie my hair into a bun and go downstairs. I wonder how breakfast will be like this morning seeing as though we left on a rather abrupt note last night but one thing I know for sure is that it will be akward.

I get to the kitchen and find Mam Zodwa cooking breakfast. "Sawbona ma." I greet. (Hello.) "Mtanami." I sit on the bar stools and take a piece of bacon and eat it. (My child.) "One less bacon for you." "He doesn't have to know I took one." She chuckles. "How are you holding up?"

From what I've seen or learnt during my time here she cares about Nkosinathi and his siblings a lot so I know Andiswa's accident might have taken a toll on her. Even though she may not get long with my mother in law but she loves her kids very much so. "Mtanami I'm sad but I believe that she will survive." she answers. "How did you meet them?" I ask. "I've raised them since they were born so they kind of like my children."

"She will be okay that I know." I say and she nods. "Set up the table." I get off the chair and take out the plates and utensils and set up the table. She brings the food and i sit down and i plate up for myself. "I'm glad to be experiencing such fine cuisines in the comfort of my own space." I say and she laughs. "You love food too much." "It's my first love."

I start eating and Nkosinathi comes downstairs wearing tracksuit top and pants but his is black. I greet him but he doesn't respond. I guess this is where the awkwardness starts. I know it only happened because it was a moment of weakness but there is no need for him to be that rude.

I choose to ignore the fact that I'm annoyed by this whole thing and continue eating. At least food won't betray me. After breakfast I clear the table and take the dishes to the kitchen. I find Zanele in the kitchen and we greet each other. We've been civil towards each other but i know she wants Nkosinathi. Poor her she can have him though it ain't an issue.

I go upstairs and take my phone and check for any messages. I see a please call me from my mother and i roll my eyes. Who still sends please call me in 2023 and what does she want from me on this boring Saturday morning. I dial her number and it rings for a second and she answers.