Chapter 60: Honeymoon fades.

Iyana's POV

"I'm sure I suffer from stage five deafness. Please repeat what you just said." I say and she chuckles. I can't believe that this is my sister? "I'm serious Iyana ask these men they know the truth I just know parts of it." says Imenathi. "Tell me what you know." "This other day i was at the mall and i bumped into this lady who's a prophet and she told me I'm blocking your happiness,"

"Meaning?" I ask. "She said that Nkosinathi was meant to be yours and i don't know how or why we ended up together because fate was supposed to bring you two together." she answers. "Baba you knew this?" He sighs. "All of you in this room knew this except for me and nawe slima ndini you didn't tell me after you found out." (you fool.)

"How do I tell my sister that my partner is meant for her?" she shouts. "Why do you guys keep secrets from me? Why do you always manage to hurt me? I thought this weekend I would come and we talk things out and fix things because I really missed you guys but now there is this revelation that I am meant for Nkosinathi." I say. "Iyana calm down so we can explain the entire situation." says babomkhulu.

I wipe away some of my tears and Imenathi comes to my side and pulls me in for a hug. "Leave me alone wena." I say. "Don't fight me." she says. "What Imenathi said is true. You and Nkosinathi are meant for each other and i don't know how fate changed because he was supposed to meet you first and then everything would unfold." says babomkhulu.

"Then how come I never felt a connection whenever I was with him?" I ask. "You guys never got to bond closely. I think if you did bond then something would have happened between you two." answers dad. "How did this come about?" "Me and Nkosinathi's dad made a pact that we will be best friends forever because we worked together and that's how the ancestors got involved."

"So was Imenathi's escape planned by you guys?" I ask. "No. After Imenathi told us that she knows we told her to try and end things with Nkosinathi so fate can take its course." answers babomkhulu. "He loved me but he wasn't in love with me." says Imenathi. "Unamanga Nkosinathi was in love with you." (You are lying.) "He didn't." "Mxm angeke ngiphikisane nawe." (I won't debate with you.)

"Does his family know?" I ask. "Why do you think they agreed." says dad. Everything is starting to make sense. It wasn't just trying to hide the humiliation but it was to speed up the process of fate. They were all so eager to let me get married to him and here I was thinking it's because of Imenathi but it runs deeper than that.

"Siyaxolisa kakhulu ngokugcina imfihlo engaga kuwe. Mesingazi ukuthi sizokuchazisela kanjani lendaba." says dad. (We are really sorry for keeping this secret from you. We didn't know how to tell you.) "That's all you guys are good at at this point." I mumble. "Iyana.." "I hear you." "That is why I didn't want you to step out of your marriage because mowuzokwatisa amadlozi anijezise."(you were going to make the ancestors angry and they will punish you guys.) "I know we have hurt you and failed you Iyana but we are really sorry and i hope you find it in your beautiful heart to forgive us." says Aunt Kholiwe.

"Are there any other secrets that are being kept from me?" I ask. "No this is it." answers dad. "You won't tell me that I need to have a baby otherwise someone is going to die." "No Iyana." "Can I be left alone." Dad looks at me with pleading eyes but I don't budge. "Okay I will go out then since no one is listening." I stand up and dust myself a bit.