Chapter 72: Answers.

Nkosinathi's POV

"Are you ready to go?" I ask. "Two minutes." answers Iyana. "You said that two minutes ago and two minutes later we are still here." She rolls her eyes. "Nkosinathi ngizohlala ke mina uswabe. I doubt you even know how to pack everything and make it fit into four suitcases." (I'll sit.) "Okay askies mkam take all the time you need we will leave when you are ready." (sorry.)  "Oh wow your sarcasm is so convincing."

I chuckle. Five minutes later she finishes and i sigh a sigh of relief. "Kunini ngilindile. What's so difficult about getting ready?" I ask and she scoffs. "Don't start with me Nkosinathi let's go." she says and we walk out. (I've been waiting.) I pass by the kitchen and take my keys off the key rack and we head out. I unlock the car and we get inside.

"Ungikwatele." I ask. (Are you angry at me?) "Ngani manje?" she asks. (With what?) "I don't know I'm just asking." "I'm fine Nkosinathi just drive so we can fetch our stuff and go to the safe house and settle there and i start doing my work because I'm falling behind the longer we sit here." "Okay. I wonder what I did wrong." I mumble the last part to myself.

I bring the ignition to life and drive off. She connects her phone to the radio and the song On my mama by Victoria Monet starts playing. I grab her hand and place it on her thigh and i give it a gentle squeeze. I know something is wrong with her I just wonder what it is. "Talk to me Iyana." I say. "I'm just annoyed that you didn't tell me that that girl that showed up was your girlfriend. Very embarrassing to find out from others who she is or should I say was to you." she says.

"Who told you?" I ask. "Andiswa mentioned it in passing but she didn't tell me the story yet she said you will tell me yourself." she answers. "And I will Iyana trust me I'm just not ready to talk about it." "And that's fine." "Manje usakwatile?" (Are you still angry?) "No I'm not angry I'm annoyed." The car stops at a red traffic light and i turn to face her. "Ngibheke." (Look at me.)

She turns to look at me and i peck her lips. "Don't be angry at me I don't like it when you sulk." I say. "Okay fine then I won't be angry." she says. "Tell me how you really feel." "The light is green." "I'll park my car on the side of the road." "No let's go home and pack. I promise I'll open up to you." "Promise?" "Pinky promise." I continue driving until we get home.

We get out and i check the coast to make sure everything is clear. Once I've cleared the coast we head inside our bedroom. We get inside our room and it's a mess. "Do these idiots know how expensive this furniture is?" she asks and i chuckle. "They do they just trying to spite us." I answer. "If I find out they touched my clothes I'll touch them myself." I chuckle.

"Wena lo?" I ask and she rolls her eyes. "Yini do you think I'm not capable." she says with a bit of sass in her tone and i chuckle. "Knowing you these guys would come back with swollen faces." She chuckles. "I'll touch them myself I tell you." "And if they hurt you I will go toy locos." She laughs. "Can we pack so we can go." "Give me my kiss first." She sighs.

She pulls me in for a kiss and wraps her arms around my neck. I pick her up and she squeals. We walk to the closet and i place her on the mini island. "Sthandwa we can't do this here. What if they come back and catch us having sex?" she asks and i laugh. "Then we will give them a show they will never forget." I answer. "No Nkosinathi khuzeka hawu." I chuckle and move away from her.