Chapter 66: Falling.

Nkosinathi's POV

I feel her trying to remove my arm around her waist and i tighten my grip around her. "Nkosinathi I need to go." says Iyana. "No." She sighs. "I'm hungry Nkosinathi and when I'm hungry I'll be snappy." "Don't leave me." "I'm not leaving I'm just fetching food for the both of us." "No."

She chuckles. "Ngiyakcela myeni wami. Just ten minutes then I will be back." she says. (Please my husband.) "I know you will leave me alone and come back ebsuku and i don't want that." I say. (at night.) "Okay then can you allow me to call Mpumelelo so she can bring our food." "Do that." "Remove your arm so I can take my phone."

I sigh and remove my arm around her waist. I flutter my eyes open and i see her get up and fetch her bag from the nightstand. She takes out her phone and makes the call to Mpumi to bring our food. I don't know why she wants to leave me alone so she can socialize with other people. I need her more than they need her.

"Okay come rest your head on my lap." she says and i scoot closer to her and lay my head on her lap. She starts massaging my scalp and i sigh and lean closer to her touch. "Are you angry?" "About what?" I ask. "You seem annoyed about something." "I am." "Why?"

"Because you want to leave me to socialize with other people instead of being there for me." I answer. "Its not like that Nkosinathi I promise you I don't want to ditch you but I don't want to make it seem like I'm ignoring my duties because I'm too relaxed here." she says. "Leave them alone. Neighbours will help with the clean up."

"Okay it's fine I'll stay with you but if Mpumi says she needs my help then I need to go." she says. "No Iyana why do you want to leave me alone when I need you. I need you now more than ever and wena you want to go support other people instead of your own husband." I say and she sighs. "Okay fine I won't leave."

There is a knock on the door and she gets up to go and answer it. Mpumi enters with the food takeaways and Iyana takes it from her and thanks her. "Nisese right?" asks Iyana. (Are you still okay?) "We still good but it's bad with ugogo we even had to give her sleeping pills so she can rest because she was hysterical." answers Mpumi.

"Okay you will call me when you need help." says Iyana and Mpumi nods. "Sure no problem. I'll see you later." says Mpumi and she leaves. Iyana puts the food on the nightstand and she climbs the bed. She takes the food and opens it. "Woza uzodla." I sit up and take the food from her and we start eating in silence.

We finish eating and she takes the empty foamer packs and goes and throws them outside in the bin. She comes back and climbs the bed and busies herself with her phone. "Why are you ignoring me?" I ask. "I'm not I'm just answering messages from my dad. I'll be with you now now." she answers.

After two minutes she puts the phone away and turns to face me. "Okay now you have my attention." she says. "Please don't leave me." I say. "I'm not going to leave you. I wasn't going to leave you I was just going to help out there and make sure everything is going good." "I just don't want to be alone. I'm scared I will drift off to my own thoughts."

"Its okay sthandwa sami. I'm here for you Nkosinathi and I'm not leaving. I was going to be back later on when I'm done with everything." she says. "Okay you can leave but please try come back by 8." I say. "I can do that." I nod and she pulls me in for a kiss. "I like it when you are clingy." I chuckle. "Only for you." She smiles.