Chapter 45: Beautiful scars.

Iyana's POV

Surely I'm hearing things right now. Did Nkosinathi openly admit his feelings to me? Maybe I cried too much downstairs so I'm hearing things. "Say something Iyana." says Nkosinathi. "I...I don't know what to say. Can you please repeat what you said I think I didn't hear you properly." I say. "I said I have feelings for you and i want us to give our marriage a chance."

He said it slowly this time kind of like he is engraving the words into my mind. "Me?" I ask. "Iyana am I married to someone else besides you?" he asks. "I don't know maybe you have a secret wife that I don't know about." "No I don't have a secret wife and yes I'm talking about you." "What do you see in me?"

"Firstly you are stubborn, I thought I knew the defintion of stubborn but boy was i wrong you defined the word stubborn when you came into my life. You are gorgeous Iyana, beautiful eyes, dual tone lips that are as incredible as you. A perfect body, not too big or small and last of all a good personality. From the little time we spent together civilized I caught feelings and i want to explore them. I don't hate you anymore like I did in the beginning." he answers.

"So I wasn't the only one who felt that way." I mumble. "You also like me?" he asks. "I do Nkosinathi a lot. I thought at some point that maybe I'm confusing my feelings because they started developing after the whole incident and you were there for me and i got to see a side of you that I didn't know existed but then I realised it's genuine feelings. Even though I was in a relationship with him I couldn't stop thinking about you."

He smiles, a full blown smile that makes him look even more handsome than he is right now. "You not joking or saying those things as a way to console me?" he asks. "No I'm not. My feelings for you are genuine and i would like to explore them but not now." I answer. "Is it because you just got out of a relationship?" "Besides it being the main issue. I have a lot of things to work on myself same goes for you. I don't want to enter this relationship/marriage with one foot in because I fear you will mess up and I also don't want you to do the same because you fear I will do what Imenathi did."

"I totally understand. The best thing for the both of us is individual therapy. I also don't want to have that fear that you will turn out like the rest of them and i never want you to think that I'll lay a hand on you or cheat on you. I want us to work out because we in this marriage forever I guess." he says. "Therapy?" I ask. "Therapy Iyana. You need therapy and i don't want you pushing things under the rug like you usually do."

"I can try for us." I say. "Please do." he says. "So you really like me?" "I really do. Wena do you really like me?" "I really do." We chuckle. "Who knew that we would be here?" "Neither of us knew." "Once we feel like we ready for a relationship can we move slowly. I want to get to know you better and i also want you to know me." "No sex?" "We will deal with that one later. I want to keep us a secret for a while before we start telling our families."

"Me too. The amount of I told you so's we going to get." he says. "I'm not looking forward to it. Don't be surprised when I'm booked to a mental asylum because of it." I say and he chuckles. "We will be together there." I smile. "So for now we aren't officially dating yet but we taking this slow." He nods.

"We will go at our own pace." he says. "I can't believe you actually like me." I say. "The nerves I had before I confessed. I was about to shit my pants but I was like I'm doing it whether she likes me or not." I chuckle. "Lucky for you the feeling is mutual." We laugh. "Don't ever doubt yourself." "With what?"