Chapter 54: Steer clear.

Iyana's POV

I release a sigh of relief when I remove my heels and put them in the closet. Being in heels more than seven hours a day is not easy. I sit on the bed and start massaging my feet. I could do with Nkosinathi's hands but since he is not back yet I shall service myself. I take my phone from the nightstand and check my messages.

I see one from Nkosinathi telling me he will be back a bit late today so I shouldn't wait up for him. We've spent over seven hours apart and i really miss him but yena he chooses to come home late. Maybe he is regretting the whole thing and wants to distance himself from me. But things seemed good this morning...but I can never be to sure.

I should stop with this overthinking, I doubt it's even about that and his just busy meeting deadlines at work and trying to solve Andiswa's case. I wanted to do something nice for him this weekend as a way to thank him for taking me out on a beautiful date but my trip back home just cut the whole thing short I guess he has to wait till next week.

I take off my blazer and walk to the closet and hang it. I take off my clothes and put them in the dirty hamper. I take my silk gown and wear it. I'm too lazy to put on clothes and besides it's getting a bit too hot for such things. I wear my slippers and go to the laundry room and fetch the iron and ironing board.

Besides washing dishes I also do the laundry and now it has doubled up since I have decided to take him seriously. Sometimes I want to protest and claim its slavery but then I remember I'm married to him so it's apart of my wifely duties. I walk back to my room and plug the iron. I take the laundry basket that has clean clothes and start ironing.

I hear a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. Ma walks in and sits on the bed. "Being a wife suits you." she says and i laugh. "I wanted to claim that it's slavery." I say and she laughs. "Slavery kanjani when its wifely duties." "I remembered I was married." She chuckles.

"Izojwayeleka one day." she says. (You will get used to it.) "You can never get used to this much washing weekly." I say and she chuckles. "Manje if you have kids how will you cope." "We are a bit far away from that." "But do you want kids?" "One day i do want them and the next day i don't." "You need to talk about these things they are important. You wouldn't want them to cause problems in the near future."

"I will." I say. "Come eat. Where is Nkosinathi?" she asks. "He is working late so I think we can put his plate in the microwave." She nods. "Asambe." I unplug the iron and i take my phone and we go downstairs. I go to the dining room and sit down and start plating for myself. I plate up for Nkosinathi and take his plate to the kitchen and put it in the microwave.

I walk back to the dining room and i sit down and start eating. I take my phone and text him that his food is in the oven.

Sthandwa sami🙈❤: Okay thanks. I'll come wake you up when I come back.
Me: That's abuse and i refuse to tolerate such.
Sthandwa sami🙈❤: I want to spend time with you.
Me: Me too.
Sthandwa sami🙈❤: Okay then wait up for me.
Me: I'll try.
Sthandwa sami🙈❤: Don't try do it.

I roll my eyes and put my phone down and continue eating. His lucky that I have a lot of ironing to do so it might be possible to wait up for him. I finish eating and i clear the table and take the plate to the kitchen. I pour water in the sink and fill it with dishwashing liquid and start washing the dishes.