Chapter 39: Healing.

Nkosinathi's POV

I watch her trying to recover with what i just said and go to my room. If she thought she was going to provoke me or tick me off with that statement she thought wrong. Yes I am jealous that she is going out with someone but I'll never show it to her that I am. I think she realises that I might like her and that's not a good thing. She can't know about my feelings for her.

I walk into my closet and change into checkered pants and a white vest and get in bed. This bed is very cold without her. Yes I have electric blankets but I no longer feel the warmth that I felt when she was here. It was very difficult having to cut ties with her but I had to for the sake of peace.

I miss her snuggling closer to my chest as if she wasn't already close enough. I miss her sweet coconut scent. I can still smell it on the pillow she slept on. I bring the pillow closer to me and sniff it before I put it back. I'm slowly becoming addicted to her and it's a very dangerous game I'm playing because I'm not sure if she feels the same way.

Who am i kidding? She doesn't feel that way. She would never fall in love with her sister's fiance. Nami I thought I wouldn't catch feelings for my fiance's sister but here I am and it's too late to turn back now. It's even too late to confess because she's met someone else. More than anything I just hope that guy treats her right because she does deserve true happiness. If not then there will be hell to pay.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
I pat the other side of my bed and it's empty. It's still hard to adjust to the fact that she's no longer sleeping with me. Usually we would be talking about anything and her laying her head on my chest. Sigh. I stretch my arms and legs and stand up.

I walk to the bathroom and i relieve myself. I flush the toilet and wash my hands and brush my teeth. Her side looks so empty. She made this bedroom look like it was designed for her and she fit in perfectly. This house was for me and Imenathi after we did the traditional stuff but I feel like she suits this house better than Imenathi. I need to stop thinking about her it's not healthy for me and my mental health. She's moved on and i think I need to start doing the same thing.

I rinse my mouth with the mouthwash and i wipe it. I walk back to my room and i take my phone from the nightstand and check my messages. I find one from Mam Zodwa telling me that she has gone out and will be back later on in the evening. I guess the house belongs to us today. I would have been excited if we were still on good terms but now I'm not.

I wear my sweatshirt and shoes and go downstairs. I find Iyana sitting on the bar stool starring into space. "Ucabangani ekuseni kangaga." I ask and she shrieks. (What are you thinking about so early in the morning?) "You scared me." she says. "Askies." (Sorry.) "Where is ma?" "She's gone out and won't be back until later on." She nods. "What should I make?" "Anything is fine." "Cereal it is." "Anything but that." She giggles. "English breakfast?" "It's good."

She stands up and I sit where she was sitting. I take an apple from the fruit bowl and bite into it. I feel her gaze on me and when I catch her starring she looks away. "Is there something on me?" I ask. "No, nothing." she mumbles and takes out the pan and ingredients.

"Uleli kanjani?" she asks. "Ngileli kahle wena." I ask. "Nami ngileli kahle." "No nightmares?" "None." This is the first time I believe her when she tells me that she didn't have any nightmares. The other times she couldn't look me in the eye but this time she did. I take another bite of the apple and it's juices slide down my chin.