Chapter 49: Curiosity killed the cat.

Iyana's POV

"So tell me who Iyana is as a person." says Tshego. I've decided that I will be attending therapy every Tuesday and Thursday then Nkosinathi will attend Monday and Wednesday. "Iyana is a stubborn person. That's what most people say about me and now that I sit back and think things properly I actually am stubborn. I'm kind and caring. I don't know if I'm funny but I would like to think I am." I say and she chuckles.

"What do you like and dislike?" she asks. "I love food, food is my baby and i turn to it for comfort. I also love gymnastics. I used to be a gymnast back in high school but it had to stop since I started varsity and pursuing my dreams. I also love designing spaces. Like give me an empty space and ideas will start popping in my head on what to add and which colours to use. I'm in my element when I'm designing." I answer.

"Your family life, siblings relationship with parents and family as a whole." she says. "I grew up in a big family. I used to visit my dad's side of the family a lot more than my mom's side but we do see each other once in a while but we are good. I don't want to get to close cause you know how black people are a fan of claiming witchcraft when things don't go well in their lives. My dad and mom separated when I was two years old so me and my sister had to travel back and forth you know but they had a good co-parenting relationship. My dad is a polygamist and has three wives and eight children in total and his brothers are also polygamists so I'm sure you can imagine the chaos when it's holiday season." I answer and she chuckles.

"Would have packed my bags the same day i arrived." she says and we laugh. "My family is cool and we all get along so you would have fun there. I just don't get along with my dad's first wife cause she has an issue with me and since she has an issue with me I will have an issue with her but we keep our distance." I say. "Do you know what could be the issue?" "I don't know and neither do I care. I can't nceng life and nceng a person." She nods and chuckles.

"How is your relationship with your parents?" she asks. "I have a good relationship with the both of them. They provided me with everything I wanted and needed. Yes we had our moments where we would fight because of teenage years and we have different views and opinions on things but either than that I'm close with the both of them." I answer.

"Have you ever gotten married?" she asks. "No this is my first attempt in marriage and hopefully last. Not the ideal way to get married but what's done is done." I answer and she chuckles. "Nkosinathi was your sister's fiance." I nod. "The one I share a mother with." She nods. "How did the whole arrangement happen?"

"So my sister her name is Imenathi, was engaged to Nkosinathi so now his family was coming home to pay lobola for her. Usually our ceremonies take place for three days so everything was going well and she was there and was vibing with us kanti no that cow is going to ditch us. The day of the official lobola negotiations she disappeared and i think she ran away with her ex because I saw him helping out and i found it weird you know. I saw the signs that she was cheating on Nkosinathi but I kind of downplayed them. Our families decided to choose me to replace that cow so here we are." I answer.

"You love calling the poor woman a cow." she says. "If the shoe fits she must wear it like Cinderella." I say and we laugh. "When your family told you about the arrangement how did you feel?" "I went crazy. I swore at them like it was bad. I was angry at them like how could you sell me like we in some black market. I was also sad that my sister is gone because I was really close with her since we come from the same womb."

"Are you close with your other siblings?" she asks. "Yes I am close with them but not that close because they have their own lives so we don't see each other always. We have a get together once in a while when we really miss each other and stuff." I answer and she nods. "How was it like living with Nkosinathi the first few months?"