Chapter 13: Complicated.

Nkosinathi's POV

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" asks Keketso. "Where is Imenathi mfwethu?" asks Luyolo. "Its complicated guys I'll explain it to you later." I say. "I'm still waiting for the introductions." "This is Iyana and Iyana these are my friends Keketso, Luyolo, Lethu and Mthokozisi." "Nice to meet you guys." she says and they nod.

"I can't believe you guys aren't going to hug me." says Mam Zodwa and they laugh. "Hai mama ukuthi sisamangele ngalento eyenzekayo la. Uright mara?" asks Luyolo and he hugs her. (We are still shocked at what's happening. Are you okay though?) "Ngiyaphila ndodana wena." (I'm good and you son.) "Ukukhala aksizi." (Crying doesn't help.) "Iqiniso leyo. Hambani niyo hlala phansi sizonlethela ukudla." We walk to the living room and Keketso takes the remote and switches on the TV. (That's true. Go and sit down and we'll bring the food.)

"You need to start explaining ukuthi kuyenzakalani." says Luyolo. (what's happening.) "Its complicated angazi nokuthi ngiqalephi." I say. (I don't know where to begin.) "Qala ekuqaleni." (Start from the beginning.)  "We arrived vele eMpumalanga and everything was good until Saturday when we all found out Imenathi disappeared." "She what?" "Yeah she disappeared that morning." "And then what happened?"

Iyana and Mam Zodwa bring drinks and the platter and we thank them. "Yazi ma mengikukhumbulile." says Mthokozisi. (You know ma i missed you.) "Hayi suka wena we all know you missed my food only nothing much." she says  and we laugh. "But ma the food comes from you so technically you are also missed." She rolls her eyes and they leave.

"She's still beautiful man." mumbles Keketso and i pretend like I didn't hear him. "Okay what happened afterwards?" asks Luyolo. "Well our families thought it was best if me and Iyana get married just to hide the humiliation Imenathi caused us." I say and his jaw drops. "You lying?" "I don't lie about such things." "And wena you waited until now to tell us instead of calling a meeting the minute you came back."

"I've been busy these past few weeks trying to settle in and work of course." I say. "I wanna ask how you feeling but then we all know the answer to that." says  Mthokozisi. "I'll get over it don't worry." "But you know that it won't happen overnight unless you talk about it." "There is nothing to talk about. I'll deal with things the way I feel they should be dealt with." "But know that we will always be here for you." "Thanks I appreciate it."

We bring the table closer to us and dig in the platter. "So manje you haven't smashed yet." asks Keketso. "No and I'm not about to anytime soon." I answer. "I'm just asking. If I was you I was just gonna move on from Imenathi and start hitting that..." "Cela ungakhulume ngaye kanjalo." (Please don't talk about her in that manner.) I don't appreciate him talking about her like that. She is not his. "Askies I was just saying." (Sorry.) "Don't just say things some are better left off in the head."

"So where to from here now that you married?" asks Lethu. "Honestly I don't know but then I'm not going to make things work between us. We married traditionally and thing is with tradition its difficult to reverse it so I guess we stuck for life." I answer and they hum in agreement. "But wena since you married will you see other people or try to make things work with her." "I'll see other people."