Chapter 38: Never be jealous.

Iyana's POV

I take the phone from my night stand and search for his contact. I just got back from work and i think this is the right time to give him his answer. I want to give him a chance because his a good guy from what I've seen and maybe I'll be able to understand if i really have feelings for Nkosinathi or am i just dependant on him to help me forget the pain.

I click on it and it rings for a few seconds before he answers.

"Ma Dlamini." he greets and i can feel my cheeks heat up. "Unjani Xaba?" I ask and he chuckles. "Ngiyaphila wena." "Nami ngiyaphila. I think we can go on a date." "Ngempela." (Really.) "Yeah. I've had time to think about it and yeah I would like to give you a chance. If I don't like you then we go our separate ways."

"Fine by me. Are you available this weekend?" he asks. "Yes I am available." I answer. "That's good. Can you arrive at six. I'll send you the location." "Okay that's fine. Any theme?" "Just wear simple yet elegant." "I will." "Melunjani usuku lakho?" (How was your day?) "Meliright. I was just working and all nothing much wena." (It was okay.)

"It was good until you called. You literally made my day better and i know it sounds cheesy but it's true." he says and i chuckle. "I'm glad i could make your day. I better not regret giving you a chance to prove yourself." I say. "You won't." "So are you really single or you looking for a distraction?" He clears his throat. "I am single. I should be asking you that question."

"I'll answer that question on Saturday. It needs me to explain it face to face." I say. "I hope no man comes and beats me up or no Uyajola 9/9 crew comes." he says and i laugh. "No guy or crew will come. It just needs a little bit of explaining so you can understand."

There is a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. "Iyana woza uzodla." says Mam Zodwa and i nod. (come and eat.) "I have to go now. I'll talk to you later." I say. "Okay. Ulale kahle futhi ubenviki elihle." he says and i smile. (Sleep well and have a good week.) "Ngiyabonga nawe ubeneviki elihle." He drops the phone and i put it on the night stand.

I enjoyed our conversation and even though we didn't talk about much but I felt comfortable and i didn't have to pretend or anything. I'm actually starting to feel excited about this date and i hope all goes well. My guards are still up so let's see if he will be able to break my walls down or maybe it won't work out. I should be more positive about this.

I wear my slippers and go downstairs. I get to the dining room and i sit on the chair. Nkosinathi comes and we greet each other. He looks so handsome in his formal wear, the way his shirt hugs his body which gives us a glimpse of his toned muscles. He left the two top buttons undone and i see a tattoo peaking. I would like to see his chest so I can see what his hiding.