Chapter 62: Dreams.

Iyana's POV

I kiss his forehead and he snuggles a little closer and wraps his arm around my waist. "You beautiful." mumbles Nkosinathi and i chuckle. "Thank you. You handsome." I say and he chuckles. "I know that." I roll my eyes and he squeezes my ass. "Leave my butt alone." "I won't it's ours now." "Mxm." He chuckles.

We stay in this position until I hear his soft snores. I try to remove his arm around my waist but he holds me tightly. Sigh. His grandfather's death has a huge effect on him and we haven't even buried him yet. I can only imagine how he will be like after the funeral because that's when reality sinks in that the loved one is really gone.

I remove his arm and this time he let's go. I stand up and take the fleece laying by the edge of the bed and cover him nicely. I kiss his forehead and i walk to the bathroom to relieve myself. I flush the toilet and wash my hands. I walk back to the bedroom and i wear my slippers and go downstairs to the kitchen.

"How is he?" asks Mam Zodwa as she walks in. "His better than he was this morning when he found out but I tried cheering him up a bit so his not always in his thoughts." I answer. I fill the sink with water and dishwashing liquid and start washing the dishes. "He really loved his grandfather." "He did but I feel like things are going to get worse when we bury him cause that's when reality sinks in."

"He just needs you to be there for him. I know if he has you by his side he will be okay eventually." she says. "But the pain never really goes away." I say. "I know that's the annoying part about death." "Will you be okay for the rest of the week?" "I will be okay. I'll come and clean up the house then lock up and go to my own paradise and I'll come on Saturday for the burial." I nod.

I finish washing the dishes and i wipe the sink and counter and hang the dishcloth on the oven handle. There is a knock on the door and i go to open it. "Sanibonani." I greet and make space for them to enter. (Hello.) "Unjani?" asks Mthokozisi. "Ngiyaphila wena." "Nathi siyaphila. Mehlo madala yini uyasibaleka." I chuckle. (Long time no see are you running away from us.)

"Cha impilo imatasatasa." I answer and they chuckle. (Life is busy.) "Where's the man of the house?" asks Luyolo. "His upstairs sleeping I can go wake him up." "Okay no problem." "Would you like anything to drink?" "Whiskey." I nod and they walk to the living room. I walk to his office and take the whiskey bottle and go to the kitchen and pour it in their glasses.

I put the glasses on the tray and go serve them. "Siyabonga." says Lethu. "No problem." I say and walk away. I leave the tray on the counter and i put the whiskey back in his office. I go upstairs to our bedroom and i get inside and find him still sleeping. I climb on the bed and tap his cheek.

"Mmm." he hums. "Vuka your friends are here." I say. (Wake up.) "I don't want to go downstairs." "You have to Nkosinathi we have guests." "Stay here with me." "Lets not argue about this." He sighs. "Women though." "What did women do?" "Nothing." I chuckle. "Come let's go. Just an hour or so and then they go and we will be together."

He nods and rubs his eyes and flutters them open. "Wake up." I say and he glares at me. "I am awake Iyana." he says. "Sorry grumpy man." "Mxm." He pulls me closer to him and i squeal. "Nkosinathi we have guests so let's go downstairs." "Who you calling grumpy?" "You." He spanks my ass and i giggle. "Can we go." "Not without my kiss."