Chapter 19: When it rains it pours.

Iyana's POV

"Who are they from?" asks Nkosinathi. "It's from someone in the past nothing serious." I answer. "Don't lie to me Iyana." "I'm not I'm serious." He clenches his jaw and i sigh. "I'm serious Nkosinathi it's nothing serious. If it was I was going to tell you." "Then why did you gasp." "Because it took a second for the name to click and when it did I was left shocked." "Mmm."

"That person clearly loves you because the flowers are very pretty." says Mam Zodwa. "You jumping into conclusions now ma." I say. "I'm just saying. You must also be a very important person in his/her life because flowers are for special people." She looks at Nkosinathi and he scratches the back of his neck. The shade. "I'll be back." he mumbles and walks away. "You didn't need to bring that up."  "I was just saying mnah. I'm not implying anything."

"I don't want them." I say. "Why?" she asks and i clear my throat. "I don't really like flowers." The lies I tell for this man. "Give them to me then I shall look after them." I pass the bouquet to her and she thanks me. I read the card one more time before tearing it into pieces and discarding the pieces in the bin. "Do you hate the person who sent these flowers to you?" "I don't want to talk about it."

This whole bouquet thing has left me unsettled and I'm trying so hard not to break down in front of Mam Zodwa but it's hard. "I'm going to do a bit of work. You can call me when the food is ready so I can help you set up the table." I say and she nods. I go upstairs to my bedroom and lock the door. Why did I get married to Nkosinathi? Maybe if I wasn't married to him I wouldn't have seen him again and i wouldn't be in the situation I'm in.

You just need to come up with a plan that does not involve your husband and everything will go back to normal...but which plan will work without the help of him...something. I hate him for everything his done cause I've worked hard to move on from this and he wants to take me back to square one. I take out my laptop and do some work to keep my mind off certain things.

I still can't keep my mind of that bouquet so I close my laptop and lay on the bed while starring at the ceiling. When did life get this tough mara? I wanted to tell Nkosinathi the truth when he asked where the flowers come from but I decided against it because...I also don't know because I'm scared he won't believe me. Just imagine telling him i used to date his friend and he still wants me.

I take out my phone from the charger and check for messages and i see one from sneaky link. It's been a while since I've heard from him and i could use with the distraction right now.

Sneaky link😶: Can I call you?
Me: Sure.

At this point any distraction would do me good even if it means talking to my not so interesting sneaky link then so be it. My phone rings and i answer it.

"Uright?" he asks. (Are you okay?)"I'm okay wena." I say. "I'm good. It's been a while since we've linked up." "I was thinking about that too. I'm sorry though that I have semi ghosted you I've been busy with work and after you confessing your feelings I kind of got scared." "Hey it's okay. I'm also sorry for not putting in effort to talk to you." "How were the negotiations?"