Chapter 11: Death of me.

Iyana's POV

Nkosinathi hugs his mom and they start talking and i decide to give them space but his mom stops me. "This also needs you here mtanami so sit." she says. (my child.) I sigh and sit on one of the bar stools. "How are things going so far?" "Things are okay. It's not like it's Christmas and we have a reason to celebrate." answer Nkosinathi. I can relate with that statement. "Nkosinathi say it in a more respectful manner don't forget I'm your mother." "Askies." (Sorry.)

She looks at me waiting for an answer. What am i supposed to say? This is the happiest I've been my entire life, which is very far from true. "Siyancenga ma." I answer. (We are trying.) "But you able to have civilized conversations?" she asks. "Yes ma we can. She isn't that much of a stranger it just feels weird being married to her." answers Nkosinathi. "Have they sat you guys both down and talked to you?" "Not really its more from her side than me."

"Okay. I'm sorry for what you guys are going through. If I was the chief negotiator for you i was going to leave when they told us she's gone because now isn't... I wouldn't want to force you to marry her sister for whatever reasons." she says and i nod. I wonder why she didn't finish her sentence though. "There is nothing we can do about it. I also wish to strangle Imenathi but I can't cause it's not going to change anything." I say. "Hopefully you can try and work things out and get to know each other you know." "That won't happen." he says. At least we can agree on one thing. 

"Nkosinathi..." "No ma I won't try to get to know anyone. I was supposed to be dealing with the break up alone but now I have to deal with the break up and her. I won't try and know her. She probably doesn't want to know me...right?" he asks looking at me. "Yeah he is right. This thing will never work out no matter how enthusiastic you guys are it just won't happen and it's for the best." I say. "Exactly." "Okay it's fine then but continue being civilized to each other." We both nod. 

"Can I go?" he asks. "You so quick to run away from me why?" she asks. "I'm chilling outside." "Okay hamba sisazokhuluma kahle mina nawe." (go we will talk properly you and i.) "Okay." He kisses her cheek and leaves. "Let me help you with the cooking." "Okay." I stand up and take out the ingredients from the fridge.

"How are they treating you so far?" she asks. "The family?" I ask and she nods. "Bangphethe kahle. They are welcoming people and very kind." (They are treating me well.) "I'm glad they welcomed you. Why did Imenathi leave?" "She left a note for some of us and she said that she found someone that she loves but she couldn't dump Nkosinathi." "You know i liked her cause she is a respectful person and she's kind." "She is that kind of person but then most people don't know that she's very selfish."

"I see now." she says. We continue cooking in silence until Lindiwe comes and entertains us. She's the comedian of this family this one and i see myself getting along with her. I hope she lives in Joburg so we can link up anytime we miss each other. "Do you live in Joburg?" I ask. "Yes babes so we can meet up whenever we want." she answers and i smile. "Okay that's cool." We quickly exchange numbers and i continue cooking.

Once the food is ready I pour water and soap in a bowl and i take a dishcloth and go to Nkosinathi. This part has got to be the most annoying part for this entire trip but luckily it's for the duration of this trip and I'm never doing it again. He thanks me and i stand up and walk away. Ma and Lindiwe take out the dishes and we set up the dining table and bring the food. I'm glad i don't do the dishes cause no the dishes zala is too much.