Chapter 18: Bouquet of flowers.

Iyana's POV

"Inkinga azipheli la kwa Mthimkhulu." mumbles Muzi. (Problems never end in the Mthimkhulu household.)  "I can agree with you on that one." says Nkosinathi and i give him a weird look and he shrugs. The tension in this room is thick and everyone is staring at the two ladies who look like they about to fight. I've never seen older people fight so it would be interesting to see who wins without breaking a bone. I wonder how they know each other.

Andiswa comes back from wherever she comes from and she hugs Mam Zodwa. "Andiswa suka kuye man." says Nkosinathi's mom. (move away from her.) "Ha ma why?" she asks. "Ngithe suka kuye. Don't why me." She breaks the hug and sits down. (I said move away from her.) "Ufunani la?" (What do you want here?) "Angizelanga wena la. Nkosinathi haven't you seen my phone." asks Mam Zodwa. (I didn't come here for you.) "Cha ma. Ayikho ekamelweni lakho?" (No. Is it not in your room.) "I checked there and ayikho. Can you try calling it."

Nkosinathi takes out his phone and calls it. We can hear it ringing and Mam Zodwa walks to the kitchen and looks for it. She emerges from the kitchen with the phone in her hand. "Found it. Ngiyabonga sengiphumile." she said and leaves. (Thank you I'm out.) I'm sure her walking away is her trying to avoid conflict and I'm proud.

"Nkosinathi ufunani la?" asks his mom. "Ma she works for me." he says. "Nkosinathi after telling you to not hire her you still do." "Ma she's been working for me for the past 5 years and you still complaining. She is the only person I trust and she knows me like the back of her hand." "So you chose to go against my wishes to do what you want." "Ma please hayi manje. You guys need to sit down and sort out your issues." (not now.)

"Sikhathele ma ngalempi yenu engapheli. uMam Zodwa has been there since we were kids and Nkosinathi made a good desicion by choosing her because she is trustworthy and won't spill our secrets. We won't cut her off because you said so." says Muzi. (We are tired of this fight that does not end.) "Ningama menemene nina." she says and they roll their eyes. (You are hypocrites.) It is getting hot in here. "Zinzile no. Uzama ukukhombisa umakoti wakho ukuthi uziphatha kanjani mekukhona abantu." says his dad. (Are you trying to show our bride the way you behave in front of people.)

She can continue with her behaviour I sure am loving the entertainment and drama happening around me...you and drama...best friends. "Ngiyaxolisa." she says. (I'm sorry.) Everybody keeps quiet and we continue eating. I've never been to an akward lunch that's filled with tension but if this is how its like kick me out immediately. I can't stand tension and i feel like saying something but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't because it's going to make Nkosinathi angry and I'm not in the mood to fight with him.

After eating i take the plates and go to the kitchen. Now that I'm in the kitchen I feel like there is some nice fresh air coming in. It was too intense in that dining room. I was kind of hoping for more drama between the ladies but it's okay maybe next time that's if there is one. I wash the dishes and tidy up the kitchen.

Andiswa comes in the kitchen and i sigh. I pray she doesn't say anything and keeps it moving. "Wena you think I'll fall for your scam." she says. Where are my guides when I need them the most. "What scam Andiswa?" I ask. "You and you sister planned this entire shit out. I'm sure your entire family is involved too." "What did we plan?"