Chapter 34: Stupid lies.

Iyana's POV

I get inside my office and i find Bokang sitting on the chair. She stands up and runs to hug me. "I missed you baby." she says and i chuckle. "I missed you too love. I'm back now and we focusing on work, no distraction formed against us shall prosper." I say. "That's good. So everything is sorted?" "Yeah it's all good. We can all move on from the past." She smiles.

"I missed you so much. I'm so happy that you back and that you feeling better." she says. "I couldn't be more happier." I say. I put my bags down and sit on the chair. "So.." "I don't like where this is going." "Don't worry its not something bad it's good." "I'm listening." "Why didn't you tell me your husband is this handsome?" "I knew you were going to spew utter nonsense." She laughs. "Answer my question."

I roll my eyes. "Because there was no need for you to know that information." I say. "You keeping him to yourself..okay girl I see. I don't blame you though them girls will snatch him if you parade with him wherever you go." she says and i chuckle. "Whether they snatch him or not I don't care. Our marriage is arranged, he was meant for my sister not me." Saying those words out loud hurts but it's the truth.

"Last time I checked your sister is a ghost so he can be yours and anyways the ancestors recognize your union between the two of you not his union with your sister." she says. "It's easy for you to say that. What about isdima sami? What will people think of me when I try to make this marriage work? I'm not a homewrecker." I say. (my reputation.) "Yoh sana you are so slow. I've never met such a slow learner like you." I roll my eyes.

"Call me slow or whatever but you know what I'm saying is the truth." I say. "Hai andisazi ukuthi ngithini kuwe." she says. (I don't know what to say to you.) "There is nothing for you to say vele. Me and Nkosinathi aren't going to become anything. We were never meant to be together. It's just an unfortunate that our souls are tied forever because of this union." She sighs.

"You such a stubborn head." she mumbles. "Excuse me can we get back to work before this stubborn head decides to not pay you for this month because you spewing nonsense." I say. "Fine stubborn head." I sigh and rest my head on my hands.

"Askies love. It was insensitive of me to speak like that. I get where your reservations are coming from and nami I would be scared if I was put in such a position." she says and i can tell her apology is genuine. (Sorry.) I lift my head up from my hands. "It's okay. It's just no one is there to tell you how this thing works. It's easy for them to say accept and everything will work out but it's different for us because we never planned this and worst of all he was meant to be with my sister." I say and sigh.

"I'm really sorry love. Just know I'm always available if you need a shoulder to cry on. Whatever you do or don't I will support you." she says. "Thanks love. Now back to work I don't want to talk about my gazillion life problems." I say and she chuckles. "Hunka chunka is not a problem." I roll my eyes. "As for the nickname yona." We laugh. 

"Okay. You have a meeting today with Ms. Naidoo at 11:00. You have a staff meeting with the finance department at 9:00. You have a new client in the building," "whoop whoop!" I cheer and she chuckles. "Love the enthusiasm. Her name is Mikhayla Langa. She has been travelling around the world and has decided to settle down and start her business here. She has already hired an architect and a landscape artist now all she needs is you to design her house. She's also opening her own art gallery and you will be designing that space. The meeting is at 12:30."