Chapter 46: Ready.

Iyana's POV

"Besides the whole thing from last night embarrassing you uright?" asks Nkosinathi. (Are you okay?) "Ngiright." I answer. (I'm okay.) I rest my head on his shoulder and i feel him drawing little patterns on my back. With him I don't always have to be talking I also appreciate the silence between us. It's comforting and it brings peace.

"So you drove all the way from your workplace to mine so we can talk about last night?" I ask. "Yes I did. I couldn't handle the silent treatment anymore so I had to come now." he answers. "I really appreciate it." "You should cause the petrol ain't cheap." I chuckle. "I know it isn't cheap. I have considered being a pedestrian one too many times." We laugh.

"This is how I want to see you." he says. "How do you want to see me?" I ask. "Always smiling and laughing cause at least i know I won't receive the silent treatment." "You'll never let me hear the end of it neh." "Never." I giggle. "I'm really sorry. I should have talked to you instead of ignoring you." "It's okay. I get that you were scared and it's understandable."

"But still it doesn't make it right." I say. "Lets not argue about whose right and wrong. We've talked things out and now we move on." he says. "Okay askies." He kisses my forehead and i feel all fuzzy on the inside. The little actions he does always leave me all fuzzy and tingly on the inside like his my first boyfriend.

"I've found a therapist for us." he says and i raise my head to look at him. "So soon." "The more we postpone the bigger the problem might become and I'm serious Iyana when I say i want to make it work. If it means having to find a therapist in 24 hours then I will." "I just didn't expect it to be this soon." "Am I rushing things?" "I don't know maybe."

"Rememeber we said we are going at our own pace so you have to tell me if you feel like i am rushing you." he says. "I don't think you are rushing me per say. I haven't had time to sit down and process everything that's going on around me." I say. "So are you fine with meeting up with a therapist?" "Yes I'm fine I don't mind." "But we will go on separate days seeing as though it's individual." I nod.

"Thank you." I say. "For what?" he asks. "For everything you've done for me. You've treated me so well, not from the beginning," we chuckle. "But at some point you started treating me well and you've always prioritised me first and for that thank you." "Isn't that a husband's duty after all?" "You can downplay it to duty but it takes a real man to actually do it."

"Thank you." he says. "What are you thanking me for?" I ask. "For being there. You were there when Andiswa got into a car accident. You were my shoulder to cry on and for that thank you." "It's okay. As your wife it's my duty to make sure that our house is a home and to make sure you okay so you can lead us properly right." "You may downplay it to duty but it takes a real woman to do it." We chuckle.

"So when is the first appointment?" I ask. "Whenever you want it to be." he answers. "Okay. I'll find time in my schedule so we can meet her." "Ngilinde wena." I nod. (I'm waiting for you.) "Give me a kiss before I go." I peck his lips and he grabs my neck gently and deepens the kiss. We pull apart from the kiss to catch our breaths.

"When I say a kiss I mean French kiss not a peck." he says and i giggle. "Ubusho phela nami ngizothola imemo." I say and he rolls his eyes. (You should say so I can get a memo.) "As if you don't already have it already." I chuckle. "Hamba ke." I stand up and he does the same and pulls me in for a hug. "Ngizokubona ntambama." (I'll see you later.) "Sharp." "One last kiss." "Hamba Nkosinathi." "Just one." I roll my eyes and give him what he wants.