Chapter 27: Never hear the end of it.

Iyana's POV

I arrive at work and i get inside my office. Bokang is so happy to see me that she jumps up and down and runs to give me a bone crushing hug. "I know I was missed." I say and she chuckles. We break the hug and she wipes away the lone tear that escaped her eye. "How was I going to cope?" she asks. "You were going to do just fine."

"Iyana you more than just a boss to me. You a confidant and some sort of mentor even though you don't know it and last but not least you are my friend." she says and i feel myself getting teary. I didn't know I had this much impact in a person's life. "Ncoo love. It was just a panic attack." I say. "Some people have died in their sleep so a panic attack could have easily taken you too." I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"Don't worry i will be around for a very long time." I say. "Don't scare me like that." she says and we chuckle. "Noted." "Come I want to show you something." I put my bags on the table and she takes my hand and we get inside the elevator. "What is happening?" "Don't worry its nothing bad." I nod. We get to the entrance and i see balloons and flowers everywhere.

"Welcome back boss!" they shout and i cover my mouth with my hands. I didn't expect this from them. I hardly interact with my other staff members we only meet up once a month to discuss the business and if we still doing okay. The only person I see everyday is my PA so I didn't expect them to do something so nice and meaningful.

"Thank you guys so much." I say. "You the best boss ever. I know we don't see each other everyday but thank you for treating us equally and making work more enjoyful for all of us. From the cleaners to the finance department to the PA we say thank you and we love you. Don't you ever play with death again." says Bianca.

"I didn't expect this from you guys. Thank you for being the best employees and making my life and everyone's lives easier. I love you and appreciate you guys. Don't worry this was just a test run to see if you guys really love me." I say and they chuckle. "Here is your gift from your staff members to you."

They give me a gift basket that has wine, chocolates, chips, sweets and a nice gown and slippers custom made. It's written Ms. Dlamini the boss. I love these sweet sentiments. "Thank you. I love you and appreciate you. Now let's get back to work so you can get paid month end." I say. "The boss is back." We chuckle.

We walk to the elevator and go back to the top floor. We get inside my office and i place the gift on top of the couch. "Meetings Bokang." I say and she chuckles. "The boss really is back." I roll my eyes.

£

He texts me telling me that his outside. I decided to go with him today for safety reasons but he said I can use my car whenever I want. I pack my bags and i take my gift basket and leave. "Hubby is going to be so excited." says Bokang and i roll my eyes. "Please don't insinuate that anything is going on between me and my husband." I say. "You even marking your territory." "Fuck you Bokang." She laughs.

I flip her off and walk away. I get downstairs and i spot his car and walk towards it. He comes out and he approaches me and takes the basket. "You meeting me halfway I think Jesus is coming sooner than we anticipated." I say and he chuckles. "You like taking my kindness for granted." he says and I laugh.

I open the boot and put my bags and he puts my gift inside. I close the boot and get inside the car. He also gets inside and he drives off. "Uright?" he asks. "Ngiyaphila wena." I answer. "Nami ngiyaphila." "Can I connect." He nods. I connect my phone to the radio and i shuffle my playlist. The song Honeymoon fades by Sabrina Carpenter starts playing.