01

Grace and Dorcas sat at the Hufflepuff table waiting for dinner to start, and clapping heartedly each time they got a new student. It wasn't that they were annoyed or angry, they were just hungry, and wanted to go to bed. After what seemed like hours, but was only a few more minutes, the sorting ceremony ended and the food started appearing magically as Dumbledore flicked his wrists. They all happily dug in; Grace taking some chicken and mash potatoes as Dorcas filled her plate with rice and some gravy.

After dinner they each retired to their dorm rooms saying bye to each other before entering their dorms. Grace managed to change into some pajamas before dozing off the moment her head hit the pillow. She was just so tired.

🥀

The next morning Grace got up bright and early excited to start her first day back at Hogwarts. Now usually Grace wasn't a morning person, but it was the first day of her 5th year, and she was finally back at Hogwarts after a very long summer, so she was very excited. She took a quick shower and put on her robes before walking out of the common room, and towards the great hall.

She debated on wether she should sit at the Gryffindor or Hufflepuff table all the way to the great hall, and eventually decided that she would sit with her fellow Hufflepuffs. While she was eating her pancakes professor Mcgonnagal - or as the marauders like to call her: Minnie - came up to their tables, and started handing out their timetables. Grace examined her timetable while still stuffing small bites into her mouth.

Her first lesson was potions with the Slytherins, then transfiguration with the Gryffindors, after that it was a free period, then they had care of magical creatures with the Ravenclaws, and then finally Astronomy at midnight which was with the Slytherins..

So she quickly finished her breakfast, and made her way to her first class: potions. She got their early and took a seat front and centre. She didn't like sitting in the front but it was the only place she could see the board clearly from. Even with glasses she couldn't see things that were too far, like the board, and she had to take notes seeing as their OWLs were this year too.

Not five minutes later did class start and the students started pilling in and taking their seats. Professor Slughorn entered last, and introduced himself. He wore his usual green robes, and was smiling as usual.

"This year we will be making Amortentia." The professor said. "And I will be choosing your partners this time. We don't want what happened last year happening again, now do we?"

He then took out his wand and brought a piece of parchment and a quill, both of which were floating in mid air thanks to the 'Wingardium Leviosa' spell that they had learned back in first year.

Slughorn then started announcing the partners one by one as students started getting up, and changing seats.

"Avery and Meadowes.." He continued announcing partners as Grace zoned out until she felt someone take a seat next to her. She turned her head to see Regulus sitting next to her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, confusion evident on her face.

"Well if you were paying attention, mon âme, then you would know that we're partners." He replied.

"Oh." She ignored the fact that he called her 'mon âme' (whatever that ment)  and just shook her head trying not to zone out again.

Regulus never called her that around anyone. He only called her that to annoy her, but he didn't want anyone hearing him call a Hufflepuff girl, mon âme.

"Now to avoid disputes in the future the person next to you will be your partner for the rest of the school year." Slughorn announced once everyone settled into their new seats.

What? Now this got Graces attention. She didn't like Regulus at all. Especially not after what he did last year, because ever since then she had found him to be very annoying, but she tolerated him for Dorcas' sake. She also knew that she didn't nearly mind being partnered with Regulus, as compared to her brother and Sirius who would go crazy when they do find out. She knew Dorcas wouldn't mind since she was friends with him and his friends, so she didn't have to worry about her.

Maybe her and Regulus could get along without annoying each other? She thought.

AN: Wanted to post this in a week, but decided to post it early. Hope you like it!! And if you have any questions just comment and I'll try my best to explain anything that you don't get!!