05

It was saturday morning - 7am - when Grace was woken up to the sound of screaming. She tried to cover her head with a pillow while trying to go back to sleep; It did not work. 

She was woken up again by her roommate and best friend - Dorcas Meadows.

"I hope you have a very good explanation about why you're waking me up at" She looked at the clock on her bedside table. "7:27am!?"

"I need to tell you something important" Dorcas said making herself comfertable on the bed.

"Fine, fine. Let me just get freshened up, but you will regret waking me up this early on a Saturday" She shouted the last few words as she entered the bathroom closing the door.

Grace came out 10 minutes later still in her pajamas, but fresh.

"Okay what was so important that you had to disturb my beauty sleep for?"

"Well..." Dorcas started but froze after one word unsure if she should continue.

"Whatever it is couldn't be that bad that you can't tell me, could it?" Grace put on her glasses and tapped on the spot beside her inviting her friend to lie down next to her.

"That depends"

"On?"

"Well what would you say if someone I know said okay, and then ran off after the love of their life said, 'I love you' to them? It's not like they ment to run off; they just got really scared because it's the 70s you know? And this isn't safe. And they're just really really scared of their feelings." Dorcas started going on a rant about this so-called 'friend'.

Grace stopped her before she could go any further. She knew what Dorcas was talking about, and why she was so worried. The two girls spent all day on the bed just hugging and comforting one another before they got up to get dinner.

🥀

Grace didn't realise how hungry she actually was until she got to the great hall. She sat down at the Hufflepuff table next to Dorcas filling her plate with some chicken stake, mash potatoes, white sauce, and a glass of mango juice.

She started eating almost immediately. When she was halfway through her dinner she felt someone sit next to her. She look up mid chew to see the person she dispised still: Black.

She rolled her eyes and continued her dinner as if he didn't exist. That was until he snatched her fork from her just as she was about to eat another bite. She looked up to see him eat the bite she prepared for herself.  She glared at him before snatching the fork back.

He pissed her off so much. However, being the good girl that she was, she tried to just ignore him, and not say anything.

But when he took her juice she was really angry. Who did he think he was? Touching her food, and disturbing her dinner. Without saying anything she stepped on his leg and kicked him off the chair causing him to let out a yelp. His friends - Rosier and Crouch - who were standing there and silently hexing whoever came close to them turned around and helped Black up.

"I thought Hufflepuffs were supposed to be nice" He said with a frown.

"They are, but not when they're being provoked. Not to mention the fact that us Hufflepuffs have feelings too." She drank her juice finishing her dinner without sparing a glance in the boys direction.

"What's going on here?" A new voice called.

Great. Her brother was here. She hated how protective he was sometimes. James needed to understand that even if she was a Hufflepuff she could take care of herself quite well. And if James was here that means so were the others.

"Potter" Black greeted with a nod. "I was just asking your sister for the potions homework Slughorn gave out."

"Didn't seem like it" Peter glared. "Was he bothering you, Gracie?" He asked turning towards her with a look of worry.

Her brother, Sirius, Remus, as well as the younger Black and his friends also turned to look at her awaiting her answer.

She hated it. She didn't like being the centre of attention. As much as James and her were alike there was one very big difference about them. Whereas he loved the spotlight and was very extroverted she was the opposite.

So to get the attention off of her she quickly whispered a quite 'no'. When they kept looking at her still she shook her head and said 'no' again, but this time a bit louder.

Peter still didn't look away as he was still worried. He knew the things that Regulus did from 2nd to 4th year. He had stopped this year, and neither of them knew why. He still bothered her and pissed her off in any way possible, but he stopped treating her that way.

"Well? What're you still doing here? Piss off" James said.

Rosier was about to say something when Regulus stopped him murmuring something to them before walking off. Rosier and Crouch on his tail.

After about 10 minutes her brother finally stopped fussing over her, but Peter stayed making sure to walk her to her common room to make sure that she got back safe.

She had thanked him and kissed his cheek goodnight.

AN: Uneventful chapter I know. But you guys have to get to know my girl Grace a bit better as well as how hers and Regulus' little feud started.

Also how would you feel if I wrote a flashback chapter to show the things he did? Or should I not do that, and instead just mention it later on?

Also thanks for 134 reads <3