34

Tears pricked her eyes and threatened to fall.

"No..." she shook her head.

Regulus noticed what she was looking at and cursed under his breath.

"Mon âme, please, before you get angry at me, let me explain." He held her waist when she tried to get off and removed her glasses, setting them on his side table before running his hand through her hair.

She let her tears fall; she couldn't take this anymore. It hurt too much. But the thought of leaving him on his own hurt her far worse.

So, for the second time that day, she let her heart take control and make the decisions instead of her head. She wrapped her arms around him, buried her head in his neck and just cried as he held her. He hugged her tight as his own tears fell on her shoulder.

After calming down a bit she whispered out the question that was burning inside her, "Why?"

"I had no choice; they gave me no choice." He strangled out. She didn't even have to ask who 'they' were because she knew all too well.

"They threatened-" his voice broke and so did she. "they threatened Sirius and you."

"They didn't even know about us!" she was full on sobbing now.

"That's what I thought too, but when I went home for summer break, they-" he cut himself off and just held her tight in his arms. 

However, he didn't need to finish that sentence. They hurt him again and this time it was her fault. They hurt him because of her, because he spent time with her, because they were together.

"Do you hate me?" he whispered as he pulled back to meet her eyes. 

She just shook her head. "No, no I don't hate you. I couldn't if I tried. I'm just.....sad and disappointed."

"Merlin, I really don't deserve you." he lightly kissed her and rested his head against her chest.

"How can I help?" she was determined to help him. She couldn't sit back and watch him break himself apart.

He shook his head, staying where he was and muttered, "No, I'm not dragging you into my mess."

"You dragged me into your mess the day you made me fall for you, so whether you like it or not I'm here to stay." Grace wiped her tears and held his face in her hands and kissed him. 

🥀

Gracie found herself sitting on Regulus' bed as he explained everything he knew about hocruxes. Books on the dark arts were spread open carelessly on the bed, as both teenagers hunched over them and tried to find a way out this situation that Regulus found himself in.

He couldn't exactly get rid of the mark on his forearm, but he could make up for his mistakes as long as it meant that she'll be safe and happy. 

"So what, these hocruxes can kill him?" Grace quetioned.

"Yeah and I only know the location of one. I don't even know how many there are. There could only be one, but that's unlikely." Regulus frowned and rubbed his temple. He had his school shirt sleeves rolled up, his tie was somewhere on the floor and the top two buttons were unbuttoned. 

Grace knew that she probably shouldn't be getting such thoughts at the moment, but she couldn't help it. 

"Why don't we take a break?" Grace suggested, cleaning up the bed and setting the piles of books on the floor. "We've been at it all week long!"

"Yeah not nearly enough time!" Regulus said, raising his voice a little. "We need to destroy this thing. It's the only way to kill Voldemort!"

Grace involuntarily flinched at the name, before looking at him again.

"Merlin, I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm taking it out on you." Regulus sighed and patted the spot next to him.

"We will find him." She reassured and dusted her jeans and oversized Slytherin jumper in an attempt to remove the creases. She walked to the other side of the bed and sat down beside him. "Now, turn around."

He gave her a confused look but complied nonetheless. He stiffened when she moved her hands to his neck and shoulder blades and started to message his stiff figure. Slowly he relaxed into her touch and let her remove the knots.

After a few minutes, Regulus found himself laying on her chest as she laid down under him while running her hands through his hair, as his found themselves caressing her stomach from under his jumper. 

After a lot of reassurance and some resistance on Regulus' part, he agreed to take a nap and stop thinking about the Hocruxes for a while.

AN: And boom another chapter! 

Merlin, I realized that I'm slowly drifting from the marauders fandom....

Send help because I'm losing motivation for this fic-

Question time! Who would you rather have as your best friend: Peter or Snape?

PS: I want zero hate on Peter, because that's not happening in this fic or in my account.