41

"Regulus!" Grace breathed out once she finally saw Regulus in the room of requirements. They were finally alone together. She hugged him and immediately let go when he flinched. "Are you okay? Did she hurt you again?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about that, mon âme." He whispered to her and pulled her into his arms, hugging her.

She wanted to press the matter further but she knew that he wouldn't tell her what happened back at his house. So she opted to just be there for him as a sort of comfort.

"How are you? Are you okay?" She asked, hoping that maybe, just maybe, he'd give in and let. Her. In.

She hated that he kept pushing her away but she still loved him. And she wasn't going away or leaving him. Not now. Not ever. Because we want what we want and she wanted him.

"I'm fine." He insisted.

There was that word again. Fine. I'm fine. But he wasn't fine. He wasn't fine and he needed help. He needed out of that house. But he wouldn't let her help him so now she'll figure out a way herself.

She just nodded and held him, knowing that he wouldn't break.

🥀

"You really love him, huh?" Theo asked her. They were in the library and he had sat down across from her without her even noticing.

"What?" She asked, completely distracted by her homework. She finally looked up, confused on what was happening.

"Black. You know, the guy you're dating. AKA my girlfriend's brother." He said as if it was obvious and Grace realized what he was talking about.

"Oh. Sorry, I'm just really distracted lately." She replied softly, offering an apologetic smile. "Yeah, I love him. He's amazing."

"Good, good." He nodded and smiled at her. "Do you need help? Looks like you could use it. You look exhausted."

Grace smiled a bit at his concern even though they didn't know each other that well. She was tired. She had stayed up all night again, helping Regulus research more about how to destroy hocruxes and create a fake copy of the actual hocrux that was in the cave.

"I'm fine, thanks though. I just didn't sleep all that well. You know, with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and all." She said as she watched the Nott boy curiously. Why had he come to her and offered her help? They didn't know each other all that well. But she didn't dwell on it much as she decided to be nice and keep talking to him. He seemed sweet enough.

"Yeah, makes sense. I just came to check on you. You looked stressed and we're sitting here all alone." He said with a smile and looked at her with eyes full of concern.

She reassured him that she was fine and was just a bit tired and he finally accepted the answer. He still helped her with her homework though before he left for lunch.

She also got up eventually and went to lunch, deciding to sit with the girls at the Gryffindor table today.

"Hey babe." Marlene said with a grin as she ate her lunch, half plate already empty.

Grace laughed at her friends antics and sat down next to her. "Hi. So, how are my favourite people doing?" She asked the group.

"Hey! I thought we were your favourite!" Sirius said loudly from two seats down, pointing to him and his friends. "Don't forget who took you in your first year of Hogwarts, little Potter."

Grace rolled her eyes with a smile and shook her head at Sirius. "You lot are my second favourite." She said before looking back at the girls who were all laughing and making conversation with each other.

"Not good enough." She heard Sirius grumble and just smiled.

"We've missed you. It's like you're never around anymore." Cleo said softly with a sad smile from across the table from her.

"Yeah, I'm sorry guys. I've just been caught up with catching up on my subjects. I'm so behind." She said, the lie rolling off her tongue as smooth as ice. She hated lying to her friends but she couldn't tell them.

Lily frowned, not believing her but nodded nonetheless. Grace knew Lily and knew that she wouldn't believe Grace but she still wouldn't give in and tell them the real reason.

"Well, we'd like to introduce you to a new addition to our group. Elara meet Gracie. Gracie meet Elara. Elara is Sirius' girlfriend now and officially a part of our group." Mary said happily, wrapping her arm around Elara's shoulders as the girl waved at Grace with a small smile.

Grace smiled back and introduced herself, the two girls talking a bit and having a good time. Everyone laughed and had good time with each other all throughout lunch. For a moment, Grace forgot about the cave, hocruxes and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. She was at ease and she loved the feeling. She forgot how much she missed hanging out with her friends and simply being free.

AN: Sorry for disappearing for over a month :( got busy with my a levels and new year's and spent loads of time with family.

But I'm back now and I'll be starting Sirius' book parallely to this!

Hope you guys like this chapter! It's short but I wanted to include more moments with the rest of the characters as well, instead of just Gracie and Reg.

QOTD: Favourite trio in the harry potter era, not the marauders era! Who is it?