22

Shocked was the least of Grace's reaction when she saw Regulus wearing the same shirt as the night before.

She was surprised and didn't expect him to do what he did. James and Sirius literally had to be held down by their friends to stop them from jumping the younger Black. However, the boys reaction only made him smile and send a wink at the Potter girl before going to his charms class.

She had to be shaken out of trance by Cleo. Eventually, she shook her head and went on with her day, yet still she couldn't get the image of the Black boy in the stained shirt out of her head.

No matter how hard she tried she kept thinking about what they did before the marauders barged into the classroom and how Regulus was stupidly brave to strut around in that shirt.

Her good day was ruined, however, when - at dinner - she was passing by the Slytherin table unnoticed by the younger Black and his friends.

"So who's the unlucky girl then Black?" A random Slytherin boy asked.

"Unlucky?" Regulus scoffed. "Please Sully any girl would be lucky to have me."

Grace rolled her eyes at his cockiness yet she had a smile on her face. That smile was quickly wiped off when she heard the next few sentences.

"Rumor is that you're screwing the Potter girl" The got - who she got to know as Sully - said further. "Is it true?"

"The Potter girl?" Regulus raised a brow. "And where exactly did you here that?"

Without waiting for an answer he continued, "I would never in a million years screw the Potter girl. Don't think that I would stoop so low, Sully."

Without wasting another second or even glancing in his direction she walked out of the great hall. She didn't cry or look down. Instead Grace walked back to her common room without dinner that day and cried herself to sleep then.

'I should've known better. He's a Black and a Slytherin. Why did I think he was going to be different. Maybe I should've listened to James and Sirius.' These are the thoughts that kept repeating in her head over and over again throughout the whole night.

🥀

It had been around a month since she heard Regulus say that. She had been ignoring him since then, and Regulus couldn't figure out why. She also decided to ignore Evan. Yes he was her friend or ex-friend but she still hadn't forgiven him for what happened at that lake.

And after what she heard she decided to just avoid their whole group. Even throughout the remaining of her detentions with Regulus she sat on the other side of the room or if there was any cleaning to be done she remained ten feet away and didn't say a word to him.

There was one thing she hated more than being lied to: being taken advantage off, and least of all by Regulus Black.

She decided to go to Peter Pettigrew: her best and oldest friend. The Potters and Pettigrews were neighbours and very old family friends, so James, Peter and Grace were friends long before Hogwarts. The Potters trusted the Pettigrews more than anyone else in the wizarding world.

She knocked on the Gryffindor dorm room - where the four troublesome boys stayed waiting - and waited.

Just as she was about to knock again the door opened - but not by Peter - by James. She thought that James would be at the quidditch pitch practicing, not here.

"I- James what are you doing here?" Grace asked with her hand still locked in a fist hanging in the air. "I thought you were practicing on the quidditch field."

"I was" James nodded. "But I decided to come back early for the day. What are you doing here?"

"No reason." She shrugged.

"Why are you surprised to see me? And who are you here to see?" James eyed his sister suspiciously while leaning on the door.

"Just expected you to practicing as always. Nothing else. And I'm here to see Peter. Why? Does it bother you?" She replied folding her arms. 

"No not all" James shrugged pushing off the wall. He walked forward and hugged his sister kissing the top of her head. "You can always talk to me, you know."

"I know I can" Grace said hugging her brother back and finally relaxing her tense shoulders.

AN: I'm sorry for not updating in like a week but I've been having writers block and I finally forced myself to finish writing this and I hope it's good :)

Thank you for 1.7k reads!!! I'm so grateful!!! I love you all so much <3333