32

Grace didn't even know why she was surprised when Regulus had went back to his stone cold self as if what he said last month at the party meant nothing. She believed him when he said those words and kissed her but she couldn't do it...

She couldn't put her heart on the line like that, knowing that he would only end up breaking it. No matter how much she tried to deny it, she couldn't. She loved Regulus Black.

She knew this by the way her body heated up when he looked in her direction - even when it was freezing, it didn't matter. She knew by the way her knees weakened at the sight of him, or by the pure anger and hurt swirled in her chest every time she saw Regulus and Amaya together. That should be Grace next to him; not her. She should be the one he smiled at, she should be the one in his arms.... not Amaya. 

It's not like she had anything against the Nott girl per se, she just simply disliked the fact that he payed so much attention to her. Usually Grace wasn't a jealous person, if someone didn't want her then fine. She couldn't do anything about it and nor would she waste her time pinning over someone who wouldn't give her a second thought. But with Regulus...

It was different with him. She couldn't control herself around him and she hated how her whole body heated up when they sat next to each other in class or the way her gaze would linger on him even when his didn't spare a glance in her direction.

She hated the vulnerability and she hated how when she told him to talk to her and do something about his feelings for her, he did the opposite. It could be possible that he had forgotten their conversation since he was so drunk, but she had a feeling that that wasn't the case. 

No he remembered every word of their conversation but apparently his pride and stubbornness overruled his feelings for her. It hurt her a lot. It hurt to even look in his direction but she couldn't control her eyes because each time she found herself scanning her surroundings just to get even one glance of those stormy grey-blue eyes or the tousled black hair.

Her friends didn't know what was wrong or how to cheer her up. Even her parents could tell that something was wrong even though they weren't here. They had sent a letter asking if she was okay. Of course she replied that she was fine and she was just stressing about school and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named rising, luckily for her they didn't push.

James noticing she was feeling down had invited her last minute to plan pranks with his friends and some of the girls were joining too. She had zoned out of their conversation thinking about Regulus, again. No surprise there. 

Grace only looked up when she felt someone nudge her. It was Theo. She hadn't really talked to him much since he was always hanging around Riah - his girlfriend and betrothed. And also Regulus' sister. The one she didn't even know existed. Remus, James and Peter had forgiven Sirius for not telling them and Grace said that she did too but with Reg, everything was so different with him. It still hurt that he didn't tell her about his sister - twin sister

"So, who's the lucky guy?" he asked with a soft smile.

I frowned, confused by his question, "What do you mean?"

"The one who's got you feeling all down." He stated and gave her a warm smile that relaxed her and made her trust him a bit more. So, finally needing to tell someone, she let it all out. She told him everything that happened - of course she left out his name and Amaya's but she told him. However, with the look in his eyes she knew that he knew exactly who she was talking about. 

"Well that guy is an idiot." He shrugged and leaned back on the grass and joining the conversation again. 

Grace actually smiled a real smile. Something she hadn't done in almost a month.  She decided to at least try and enjoy the moment so she listened to what her brother and his friends were talking about.

"......Elara Emerson?" She caught James say when she finally focused on the conversation going around her. 

"Oh it's going great mate!" Sirius grinned. "I'm about to be 50 Galleons richer than before."

"I still don't agree with this." Remus said, looking over his book. "You're only going to hurt her and it'll blow up in your face."

"No asked Remu!" Sirius said before turning back to Pete and Jamie. "I have a date with her tonight actually."

"You're telling me that in the two months since you started trying to take her out, she hasn't realized that this whole thing is a bet yet?" Peter quipped.

"Nope."

"You guys can't be serious." Grace gaped at them in shock. "Elara is a nice girl and basically the smartest in her house. Makes sense why she's in Ravenclaw but point is you can't play with her feelings like that!"

"Merlin, relax Little Potter." Sirius said in his usual relaxed and laid-back attitude. "It's just a little joke and it's not like she actually likes me or anything. She only just agreed to start going out with me 3 weeks ago!"

"Like that makes it any better, and you," - she turned to glare at her older brother - "you can't actually be okay with him doing this." - she turned to glare at Remus, Peter and their new edition -Theo - "what about you three, huh?"

"Look Gracie-"

"No, you guys are idiots to play with someone like that!" Without waiting for any of them to answer, she got up and left, trying to stop the tears that were beginning to pool in her eyes. She knew what it was like to get hurt because someone played with their feelings.

Merlin, were all Blacks the same way?  Just to her luck she couldn't stop the tears, so she kept her head down and headed to who knows where.

She was left in peace for about thirty minutes before she bumped into someone. The person grabbed her forearms to steady her and she looked up to be met with all too familiar grey-blue eyes.

AN: I'm so sorry for disappearing for like a month but I had zero motivation and had major writers block. I'm back tho!!!

You're going to love the next chapter tho so be ready :)