27

Peter came back from the store next to the diner after saying that he need something from there, yet his hands were empty when he joined his friends at the table.

"Hey guys, what did I miss?" Peter asked.

"Oh nothing much, other than Mary swooning over a certain latino waiter who looks around our age." The Potter girl replied.

"Who? Diego?" Peter glanced at the closed kitchen door before smiling at Mary.

"His name's Diego?" Sirius scoffed.

"Yeah, Diego Valdez" Peter said. "He'd be great for Mary."

"Wait how do you know?" Marlene eyed the slightly awkward boy.

He simply shrugged leaning on the table with his arms folded, "I come here all the time during the summer and he always serves me. He is our age and goes to the college that's around 20 minutes from here."

"Damn who know our Wormy visits the muggles without telling anyone" James smirked. "Anything else you're hiding from us Petey?"

When Peter shook his head saying that he would never the group started laughing. 

"Relax Pete I was messing with you......or was I?" James said saying the last part in a quite creepy voice.

"Oh knock it off" Lily said.

"He would never lie to us James if that's what you're thinking?" Grace said pushing up her glasses.

"I know I know" James said leaning back on the chair. "Jeez can't you guys take a joke?"

"We know you're joking", Dorcas said. "We're just reassuring you while at the same time messing with you."

"Our foods here and so is Diego" Alice lightly bumped Mary while looking at her suggestively as she eyed the Latino boy coming their way with four trays of burgers.

He put them down and gave the first one to Mary smiling at her before greeting Peter.

"Pete, hey man, these are the friends you're always talking about?" Diego laughed. "You didn't tell me that the ladies were so pretty."

He looked right at Mary while saying the last sentence making her blush even more.

Peter laughed along with him, "Yeah, yeah, they are, and before you get any ideas just know that if you break her heart there are 11 people that would hunt you down." Pete pointed at the group who innocently waved while Mary hid her face in Grace's shoulder as Grace put an arm around her.

"Only a fool would hurt someone as gorgeous as her" He gently smiled at Mary who looked up - only slightly - before hiding her face in Grace's shoulder again.

 🥀

After staying there for another hour they got up to leave. On their way out the group heard footsteps chasing after them. All twelve of them stilled moving to get their wands while eyeing each other wearily, luckily they relaxed when they realized that it was Diego from the diner trying to catch up to the group.

He was shouting at them to wait, so they did. When he caught up to them he tried to catch his breath as he bent putting his hands on his knees.

"My shift just ended and..." He said while trying to get his breathing under control. 

"And..?" Sirius asked the latino a bit impatiently while he folded his arms and tapped his foot on the concrete waiting for the boy to continue. 

"And I was wondering if your stunningly gorgeous friend here", he pointed at Mary. "would like to go out with me sometime?"

Grace was a bit taken aback by the sheer confidence of the boy and it seemed as though Mary had the same thoughts going through her head.

There were a few beats of silence while the group waiting for her reply during which the boy - who looked and sounded confident - was now faltering and starting to stutter as he tried to pull himself together. 

"It's- it's totally okay if you uh, you turn me down." He rubbed the back of his neck. "It's fine really besides getting a chance to even talk to a beauty like you was more than enough."

By now Mary was a blushing mess but she looked up, took a few breaths and said, "Okay"

"Wh- what?" Diego asked in disbelief.

"I'll go on a date with you" She shrugged. "Tomorrow at 8 pick me up at the house two blocks down from from the park."

"You live in the Potter manor?" He asked in disbelief. 

"Actually that would be and my sister" James said and Grace smiled and waved at the overjoyed boy.

"Hello" Grace said.

"Hi" He replied.

"I'm just staying over for the last two weeks of summer break" Mary said. 

"And so are the rest of us" Frank said with his arm still around Alice's shoulder.

Diego only muttered a quite, "Oh"

"By the way my name is Mary" She winked like he had done at the diner and started to drag Grace and Marlene with her while the others trailed behind after bidding the boy goodbye - all except for Sirius of course.

AN: 1 more chapter till the surprise!!!!