37

Regulus was researching more about the hocruxes before their winter break, because he knew that he'd get more done at Hogwarts than at his house. Grace had fallen asleep next to him, since it was three in the morning but he couldn't bring himself to sleep.

He was too stressed and worried. Finally, he sighed and closed the book as sleep started to get to him. He looked at his girl next to him and smiled. Regulus had thought about changing the date of when they'd go to the cave so Grace wouldn't get hurt but he knew that she'd know.

He had been doing research on protective spells to cast on her so she would be safe from whatever defenses He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named kept but so far, he hadn't found the right one. He did, however, get Pandora to help him create a new spell. According to her, it would take all of winter break so he'd have to wait. The only thing that he needed to figure out was how to cast it on her without hurting her or without her noticing.

He felt bad enough about bringing her into the mess he created but it was too late now. He couldn't convince her to not help. That wasn't Gracie.

Regulus gently tucked her hair behind her ear and carressed her cheek. Merlin, he was so in love with her that he didn't know what to do with himself. He had no clue how such a sweet girl like her could ever fall for a guy like him. She was the light to his darkness. The light that guided him through the darkness. She was the sun, he was the moon.

They were opposites and yet they fit together so perfectly. Like gloves.

He smiled as he remembered their conversation a while back when they were walking together through Hogwarts while holding hands. They got so many odd and disapproving looks.

"Do not look at them, look at me." Grace had said to him as she gave his hand a supportive squeeze.

Regulus looked at her a bit surprised but then smiled as squeezed her hand back and whispered, "You and me?"

"You and me." She whispered back, smiling at him.

He knew it, she knew it and the whole of Hogwarts knew it. He was in love with her, she was the love of his life and he'd do whatever he could to keep her safe. Even if that meant dying for her. His every feeling revolved around the look on her face. If she was sad, then so was he. If she was happy, then so was he.

'Merlin, this girl is going to be the death of me.' He thought to himself.

Regulus Black knew that the only people he could trust was her, Kreacher and his closest friends. But this hocrux thing was something that he'd try to do alone. If he couldn't convince Grace to stay behind then he'd figure out something to keep her safe. He had asked Dumbledore about Hocruxes which he realized was a mistake when the old professor quickly shut him down and told him to never speak of such dark magic again. He did manage to slyly get some information out of Slughorn though.

"I love you, Mon âme." Regulus whispered and gently kissed Gracie's forehead before falling asleep beside her.

The next morning, when he woke, Grace was sitting at his desk with a bunch of books around her. She was chewing on her bottom lip and pushed her glasses up while spinning a pen in her hand. Regulus looked next to him and saw a tray filled with food on his bedside table.

"Good morning." Grace said with a smile when she noticed her boyfriend was awake. "Barty and Evan left two hours ago for quidditch practice. I told them you were sick."

"Sweetheart, I love you but you should've woken me!" Regulus exclaimed and quickly got out of bed, getting ready for the day.

"You needed rest! You were up late again and it's not good that you're not sleeping enough. It's one day of practice and you're the best seeker Slytherin has! You'll be fine." She pleaded with him.

"It's not me I'm worried about." He muttered as he quickly took a shower. He walked out ten minutes later with a towel wrapped low on his waist and his hair soaked as water droplets dripped down, falling on his chest. He rushed around, opening the chest at the foot of his bed to take out his uniform.

"Reg, Reg, will you relax?" Grace said worriedly as she watched her boyfriend rush around. "Reggie? I need to talk to you." Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He didn't even look in her direction as he was too busy putting on his pants while drying his hair at the same time.

After calling his name a few more times, she got frustrated.

"Regulus Arcturus Black! Will you listen to me?" Grace said a bit loudly and Regulus froze. He looked up at her, a bit worried. She used his full name and said that she wanted to talk. That was never a good sign.

He stopped putting on his shirt as it was left unbuttoned and his Slythering tie was hanging around his neck. Regulus looked at her with confusion and a bit of worry.

"Yes Mon âme?" He asked quietly.

"Look, I need to talk to you about winter break." She started off slowly, trying to get him to relax.

"What about it?" Regulus asked with a frown, absolutely confused on where she was going with this.

Grace sighed and got up, walking upto him. She stopped right in front of him and took his hand in hers, looking down at their interwined hands. "For the record, before you say no, just consider it, okay?"

"Mon âme? What is it? What's wrong?" He asked, starting to panic.

"Nothing is wrong." She quickly soothes and met his grey-blue eyes. "I don't want you to go home this winter. Please? It's not safe and after what happened the last time you were there-" she stopped as she took a deep breath before continuing.

"Stay at my house this winter?" She asked with a small hopeful smile.

He sighed when he heard what she wanted. Shaking his head, he replied, "You know I can't do that. My mother... She won't be happy."

"Please? You can run away! Just like Sirius and stay at our house." Grace said, hoping that she'd be able to convince him. "You said it yourself that you don't support their views and we're literally working against your family. I just- I just don't want to you to be hurt because of me the next time we see each other."

"I'm not Sirius." Regulus' tone sharpened and he glared at Grace as if what she suggested was absurd. "I'm not just going to leave and abandon my family."

"I never said you were." She whispered and looked away. "I'm just afraid that you'll get hurt. Just stay for even a day maybe? Or two?"

He simply shook his head but spoke in a softer tone this time, "Sorry mon âme. I can't do that."

Grace, of course, tried to argue but Regulus just shut down her suggestion and left the dorm, leaving her alone in his dorm.

She sighed and sat back down on the chair as she fought the tears that were threatening to fall. She had a feeling that something bad would happen, she just didn't know what. After what Regulus went through last summer at his house, Grace assumed that the feeling she was having was about him. That Regulus was in some sort of danger. But how much more danger could he be in after already getting the dark mark and working under Voldemort?

AN: I sincerely apologise for being gone for so long but here's another chapter and this time it's slightly longer than my normal 1000 words chapters that I usually post!