42

Sixth year was a pain, Grace realized. She might not have any major exams this year since she gave the OWLs last year, but she still had to prepare for her NEWTs that were next year. It was hard staying caught up on the syllabus and dealing with everything going on her personal life.

Regulus and her have been at odds with one another. Regulus insisting that she let him deal with the hocrux and spells and Grace fighting back, saying that she wants to help in whatever way she can. Regulus loved her and the thought of anything happening to his Amé broke his heart. When he imagined her hurt, all he wanted to do was hurt whoever hurt her. He would kill anyone who hurt her.... Even himself.

He finally had a plan that could save Grace's life should anything go wrong when they finally went to the cave. He wouldn't tell her this, of course, since she'd immediately say no and shoot down his idea. He was both amazed and irritated by how trusting and selfless she was. He knew that he didn't deserve her and that he should let her go but he sure as hell needed her. Even if staying with her meant that he was being selfish, he couldn't help it. Because he'd rather die than live without her.

When she was with him, he wanted the moment to last forever. When she wasn't with him, all he could think about was her and when the next time he'd have her in his arms would be.

Grace sighed as she did her homework in the library. Regulus was having a different class and she hated how distracted she was when he wasn't around. Regulus was a distraction, a very welcome distraction. She loved him. More than anything. However, she came to realize that she missed him even when he wasn't with her. Whether he'd left for a minute or hour, she didn't want to be without him - not for even a second. She was like a moth to a flame. He was the flame, she was the moth, unable to stay away.

Finally, she sighed and packed up her books, unable to study. She left the library and went to the kitchens and froze when she noticed who was sitting there. It was non other than Elara Emmerson. Sirius' girlfriend, if you could even call her that since he was dared to date her till she fell for him. Grace knew that the poor, sweet girl didn't even know about the bet yet. She considered telling her but the way she was smiling as she looked at the note that Sirius had probably given her, she couldn't do it.

Telling her would break her heart. Grace had seen the way Elara looked at Sirius. It was a look of pure love. She loved him.

Merlin, Sirius is an idiot! Grace thought to herself.

She quickly hid and left when she saw Sirius sit next to her with two cups of hot chocolate. She left the kitchens and bumped into James right as she left.

She fell to the floor with an 'oof' and James froze before he stated laughing once he saw who it was.

Grace grumbled and rolled her eyes. She got up and hit her brother on the shoulder but he just kept laughing.

"Okay, okay! I'll stop." He finally said, trying hard to keep his laughter in as he looked at her.

"I hate you." Grace said and glared at her older brother.

"Aww, I love you too!" James said cheerfully and ruffled her hair. She immediately swatted his hand away. Her eyes widened when she saw him head towards the kitchens, she quickly grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

"Hey! What're you doing that for?" James said with huff. "I'm trying to find Sirius!"

"He's in there with Elara! Tell your idiot of a friend to end it soon! If he doesn't and she finds out from someone else then it would be a lot worse!" Grace said with a annoyed expression. James' smile fell and he sighed.

"That's what he went to do. I was going to check on him and see if he was okay after he finally broke the news." He defended.

"Well she's in there laughing and drinking hot chocolate with him. He hasn't done it yet. Talk some sense into that grand crétin!" She said, calling Sirius a 'big goon' in French. Courtesy of Regulus for teaching her French.

"Since when did you know French?" James asked in slight shock before he realized and sighed, giving her a knowing look. "It was Regulus wasn't it? I swear to Merlin, I want to kill that kid for taking you away from me."

Grace rolled her eyes at her brother's dramatics. "He's not 'taking me away' from you. He's actually really sweet once you get to know him, not that you've made any effort to at all!"

"That's because he doesn't deserve that! Honestly, who does he think he is? Making my innocent baby sister fall for his... Well him!" He said defensively.

"You know what, I'm leaving. Goodbye!" She said in an annoyed voice and left, crossing her arms. She was so tired of having to explain that she loved Regulus. Why couldn't her friends - mainly James - accept that?

She used the disillusionment charm to sneak into the Slytherin common room where she knew Regulus was by now. She needed to see him. It felt like an eternity since she last saw him.

AN: Sorry for the boring chapter and for not updating in forever! I'll try to update more frequently.

Also, if you haven't already then you guys should check out my Sirius Black fanfic that I started. It's a bit interconnected with this.

I hope you're all doing well and happy late valentine's day!!

QOTD: Should I add more of Elara or not?? Like more of her and maybe Grace's friendship? What do you think?