23

Grace decided to hang out with James instead of Peter, so the two Potter siblings listened to music, danced, and ate too many snacks which they would regret in the morning. However, it made Grace feel a lot better.

James even gave her some advice which was helpful. He told her that a boy shouldn't be allowed to make her feel so vulnerable and so defensless. He was right. Her mood shouldn't be determined by some boy.

So, she tried her best to not think about Regulus and just focus on her OWLs that were in two weeks. She spent the remaining two weeks studying as hard as she could with Lily, Mary and Cleo in the library and sometimes near the black lake.

Grace made sure to stay as far away from the lake as she could. She didn't want history repeating itself.

Luckily for Grace her grades weren't too bad. As she expected she didn't do as good as James which would probably disspoint her parents, so she made a mental note to prepare herself for the look of dissapointment that she often had to see.

Her parents - Fleamont and Euphemia - loved her, she knew that. All they ever asked was that she bring good grades and she tried her best. Her grades weren't bad but they just weren't as good as James' which she was constantly reminded off. Another thing she hated - being compared.

It was a bittersweet moment when their winter break came and she got on the train to go home. Lily, Marlene, Mary, Dorcas and Cleo agreed to come over so she was happy about that.

Another thing she was happy about was that she managed to avoid the Slytherins all together which led to her enjoying the rest of her 5th year at Hogwarts in peace - of at least as much peace she could get with the Marauders.

She read with Remus, ate candy with Peter, gossiped with the girls, and annoyed her brother and Sirius - who was also basically her brother now.

"Hey, do not insult my ability to annoy" Grace said folding her arms as she turned away from the boys. "I try very hard to be annoying you know."

"And it works" Sirius said scoffing as he tried to fix his hair that was sticking up as if he was struck by lightning. Courtesy of Grace Potter.

"Good" Grace nodded before getting up and sitting next to Remus and Peter who were across from her. She pushed both boys to the side gently and sat in between them resting her head on Remus' lap and feet up next to Peter.

She stayed like that before she felt Peter pick up her legs and put them on his lap. The small yet caring action made her smile. Peter was always the sweet one. The Potters, the Pettigrews and the McKinnons grew up together as the lived in the same neighborhood so they knew each other well before Hogwarts and were very close.

She trusted them with her life - as did James. She fell asleep listening to Remus read Pride and Prejudice as he stroked her hair. She was woken up by her brother. When she sat up she realised that both Peter and Remus were still in the same position waiting till she got up so they wouldn't disturb her sleep.

"Well about time sleepyhead." Sirius said leaning against the compartment door.

Grace was too tired to say anything so she just rubbed her eyes, fixed her hair and put on her glasses that Peter handed her before taking her luggage and following the four boys out.

▼・ᴥ・▼

And that's the end of their fifth year!! Should I write about her summer? Because then I'll be able to write more about Effie and Monty!

Should I write about it and her time with the girls (including James and Sirius)?

Also what did you think of this chapter? I know it's a bit short but I'll try to make the next one a bit longer!

And thank you for 1.3k reads!!! I'm so grateful for all of you <3333