02

It's been a week since Grace Potter has been partners with Regulus Black. It wasn't bad per se, but it wasn't what she expected either. If she was being honest she expected them to at least exchange more than 15 words, and of something other than their potions classwork or homework. However, it seemed that Regulus wasn't a talker.

Everyday on after school they spent at least an hour studying in the library. James and the others had asked where she's been, and she told them. She was hesitant at first, but she thought it'd be worse if she lied. In her opinion James and Sirius were very dramatic. All they were doing was having a few study sessions after school, and yet they acted like she just told them that she kissed Filch. They were horrified. But she managed to reassure them that it was just a study session and nothing more.

And here she was now on her way to the library for another study session with none other than Regulus Black.

"Regulus" She nodded her head in greeting before taking a seat across from him.

"Potter. You're late." He replied.

She sighed and just took out her books. "By two minutes I think we'll survive"

"Fine, whatever, lets get to work." He rolled his eyes.

"What's got you all riled up today?" She asked.

He froze for a second before continuing to write on his parchment, and replying, "Nothing. Forget about it."

Grace just mumbled an 'okay' before she started working on her essay. She knew he wouldn't budge no matter how hard she tried. That was just how he was. Closed off, quite and cold towards everyone who wasn't one of his closest friends. So, they worked in silence for the next 40 minutes finishing their essay on the Polyjuice potion. Slughorn gave that as extra credit work and of course Regulus jumped at the chance meaning that now Grace had to do it too. Once they were done they would go over the others essay, and correct any errors.

"All done" She said.

"Yeah same" He handed her his parchment, and she handed him hers.

"Wow this is great" She said looking his over.

"I know" He deadpanned. She looked up to see him crossing out everything she wrote, and rewriting the whole thing.

"Hey! What are you doing?" She tried snatching her parchment back, but he just moved back without taking his eyes off of the piece of paper that was her potions essay before he ruined it.

"I'm correcting your mistakes" He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay it's not that bad" She said giving up and just crossing her arms in her chair.

He just gave her a look that probably said 'You really wanna know?'. Ugh. Okay so maybe she wasn't the best at potions but that gave him no right to start rewriting her essays and crossing out everything she wrote. She worked really hard on that.

After about 30 more minutes of Grace trying to get the parchment back from him, and him just moving away while continuing to correct her 'mistakes' as he called it she finally gave up. She just sat back with her arms crossed glaring daggers at the black haired boy who didn't seemed fazed at all.

Finally, after what felt like forever, he handed her her parchment back.
She looked at the page and saw that he actually did cross out everything, and rewrote the whole thing for her.

She was angry of course. Who did he think he was? And what gave him the right to ruin her essay?

"Well at least read it." He said, rolling his eyes.

She scoffed but read it nonetheless. She had to admit it was good. Really good. But she was never going to say that out loud, especially not to Regulus Black.

"Well...?" He asked.

"It's okay, I guess." She said.

"Okay? Come on Potter what do you really think of it? Just admit it. It's way better than what you wrote."

"That is what I really think of it."

"Liar"

"Asshole"

"Fine have it your way" He said gathering his things, and walking out of the library.

Grace muttered about a hundred different insults at him before she herself got up, and leaving.

AN: Please tell me someone got the Filch joke!!!

Also the first few chapters are a bit uneventful but it gets better later on!!