35

"Peter!" Grace ran to catch up with her friend who turned around at his name, smiling when he noticed her running towards him.

"Gracie" he gave her a slight nod but his friend simply rolled her eyes and embraced him in a right hug.

"It feels like we barely spend time together anymore." Grace frowned, meeting his eyes.

Peter had a sad and distant look in his eyes, "yeah, I suppose we've all been a bit busy.......with everything that's going on."

Grace looked down growing sad. Her and Regulus have been trying their best to locate the hocrux. Regulus even got Kreacher - his house elf - to help him, but still they hadn't found anything.

"Pete? Can we hang out? Just us? And forget about everything for just a moment?" The raven haired girl muttered, meeting her friends warm eyes. She always found comfort in his presence.

Grace had always been closer to Peter than anyone else. Ever since they were mere children.

"Yeah, of course we can Gracie." Peter wrapped an arm around her shoulder and took her to the kitchens. "Do you remember how we snuck in here all the time?"

Grace laughed, "yeah. I'm pretty sure the elf's got annoyed after one point but didn't say anything."

Peter laughed along, agreeing with her.

Noticing the solemn look on her face, Peter asked, "What's on your mind, little Potter?"

Grace realised that she had drifted off, thinking about the hocruxes again. However, no matter how much she trusted Pete, she promised Reg that she would not tell anyone. And she intended to keep that promise.

"It's nothing" she smiled at him as an attempt to reassure him.

Peter gave her a look and after an intense stars down, she relented.

"Fine, I'm just sad I guess. And worried." She looked down at thanked the little elf that brought her some coffee.

"About what" Peter asked, worry evident on his face. "You can talk to me. You know I won't tell anyone."

Peter smirked and jokingly bumped her shoulder with his whole taking a bite from his cookie.

"I'm an excellent secret keeper, little Potter." Peter winked.

This brought a smile to Grace's face.

"Well in less than a year, you guys are all going to leave and probably join the order while I'm stuck here, being useless and watching the people I love risk their lives!" She burst out and hugged him, finding a strange sort of comfort in his arms.

"I can't lose you all." She murmured. "It hurts too much."

Peter's smile faded when he realized what was bothering her. He sighed and played with her hair, kissing the top of her head.

"We're not going anywhere, little Potter." He said, holding on to her small, vulnerable frame. Peter reached forward and took her glasses off, setting them on the table before holding her tighter and letting her cry in his arms.

"You're stuck with us kid. You're not getting rid of us that easily. Especially not James; he's the most stubborn one out of us all!" Peter exclaimed, trying to lighten the mood and calm his friend.

Grace let out a weak laugh. "That's true."

🥀

"How did you even discover the fact that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named lived so long because of hocruxes?" Grace questioned the boy sitting across from her in the Room of Requirements.

He smiled, "I was waiting for you to ask that question."

However, his smile was gone as soon as it came.

"He took Kreacher to some cave to test the defences of the locket and then left him there to die." Regulus said. "Kreacher managed to escape, thanks to his elf magic, and came back home telling me everything."

Grace looked at Regulus with a sad look in her eyes. She knew that Reg cared for the house elf. The same way Grace cared for her brother, parents, and her own house elf.

She scooted closer to him and held his hand in hers, in an attempt to comfort him. He looked at her with soft eyes allowing himself to lower his gaurd. But only around her.

"I did some research and discovered that the locket was a hocrux and that was how he lived so long." Regulus continued. "Kreacher has been a lot of help but I need to know how to destroy the hocrux and escape without getting myself killed in that cave."

"Killed?" Grace gasped tightening her grip on his hand. "You can't be serious! I need you alive, you can't die."

"Of course I'm not Sirius." Regulus rolled his eyes trying to calm her down with light-hearted jokes. "I'm Regulus."

She got him on the arm.

"This is no time for jokes!" Grace hissed and frantically opened more books as if she was looking for something in specific that she couldn't find.

"We need to find some sort of protection spell, or a healing one, anything that would help in case things go side ways. What about a non-verbal spell? That would work right? I could use it in the cave in case things don't go according to plan and we-" Grace's worried rant was interrupted when Regulus grabbed both her shoulders and made her look at him.

"What. The hell. Are you talking about?" He growled, looking angry.

"I-"

Again she was I interrupted when Regulus said, "There's no way I'm letting you go anywhere near that cave. You'll stay in a safe house; where you'll be safe."

"What?" Grace whispered, caught off-gaurd by her boyfriends words. "No- no! You can't actually expect me to hide while you risk your life trying to destroy that damned hocrux!"

In a fit of anger, she got up and paced the room, running an agitated hand through her hair and playing with the ring on her right hand with her right thumb.

"I will not hide!" She yelled. Regulus stood up as well. Grace was a calm person. She hardly ever yelled, but when she did, it was best to listen.

"Look, mon âme, please." Regulus begged. "I need you safe, okay? I can't have anyone targeting you to get to me."

Grace took a few deep breaths, calming down.

"I won't hide Reg. I won't do it." She shook her head and looked at him with tear-filled eyes. "I'm not going to hide while the person I love and trust the most in the world goes out and risks his life trying to save the world!"

Regulus sighed and walked towards her, pulling her into his arms.

"We should stop making our fights a habit." He whispered against her hair as she held onto him tightly. Eventually, they both fell to their knees holding onto each other as if they could disappear any second.

"Stop being so stubborn then and just let me help you." Grace murmered back as her eyes grew tired.

She was just so tired these days, barely getting any sleep. Always crying and if she wasn't in class, she was studying up on hocruxes and healing spells.

"I can't help it mon âme. You know me, I'm stubborn." He smiled and led them to the makeshift bed in the room. "We'll discuss this later, yeah? For now, just sleep."

Grace and Regulus ended up falling asleep on the makeshift bed and didn't wake up till ten in the morning, missing most of their classes.

AN: So I apologize for disappearing for like a month! I had exams but I'm back now and I'll try to start posting again!