39

Over summer break Grace had written to Regulus A few times but the only responses she got were short phrases. Like 'I'm fine sweetheart. Don't worry.' 'I love you, don't be upset. I can't write much.' And so on. The notes were all in the form of a paper crane which was kept safely in an envelope with a yellow tulip on the inside.

She kept every note and every tulip that he gave her. It was all in one box along with his tie that she still had from that night at detention.

She was worried about Regulus. She knew something wasn't right. Nothing felt right to her. Her family was worried about her because she was acting strange and on guard. Everytime she said that it was because of the dark lord that was rising. She didn't want to alarm anyone about Regulus because that would only make it worse for him.

She didn't know how she knew that, but she did. She needed to get him out of that house as soon as possible. She would find a way. Somehow.

While Grace sat on her bed that night, trying to find a way to help her boyfried, he was sat on the floor with his head in his hands trying to calm down. He was having a panic attack. He didn't know what to do. He needed Gracie right now. That's all he could think about. She was his anchor. She kept him grounded. But she wasn't here right now. He was all alone.

He hated his parents. He hated the death eaters. He hated the dark lord. He hated everyone in that godforsaken hell that he had to call him.

Tears fell down his face as he clutched his hair, leaning back and forth trying to be quiet and just calm down. His back was against his closed bedroom door as sweat fell down his back and formed on his forehead as well.

He thought about Gracie and his friends. He thought about his and Grace's plan to destroy the dark lord once and for all. He thought a out how they'd finally be free after everything is set and done.

He needed to leave this hellhole. Merlin, he should've taken up Grace's offer. Why did he ways realize that he should've accepted help after something happens?

His hands shook and he looked down at his hands in shock and a bit of fear. He couldn't believe that he actually did that. How could he do something like that to someone who was probably innocent. The only mistake they made was trying to go against the dark lord. But he'd done it. He'd proven his loyalty to the dark lord and was officially in his inner circle. Isn't that what Regulus wanted?

"Not like this..." He whispered shakily to himself as he tried to snap back to reality. His mind was a dark place to wander off to.

He threw his wand across the room. He couldn't bear looking at the wand in his hands without the images of the lifeless body flashing through his mind. He couldn't do this anymore. It was getting too much. Too out of hand.

Regulus didn't know how long he just sat there, trying to calm himself but it must've been a long time because Kreacher tried to call him for dinner what felt like hours ago.

When Regulus finally calmed down and got himself back to normal, he took out some parchment and an envelope.

He acciod a yellow tulip and twirled it in his fingers. He smiled a sad smile as he thought of her. Her smile, her eyes, her bubbly and happy personality. Her constant need to make sure everyone was okay so much that she'd forget about her own personal needs. Her sarcasm and wit.

She was beautiful and she was his. All his. And he was hers.

He wrote a quick note saying that everything was fine and they'll talk at Hogwarts, not wanting her to worry. He made the crane out of the note before putting the crane and the flower in the envelope. Regulus then attached the envelope to his owl and sent it off.

He couldn't wait for the two days to be over. He didn't want to stay in this house any longer. He wanted to leave. He wanted to never come back.

He didn't sleep that night. He stayed up studying up on hocruxes. He still needed a way to destroy it after they got it. He had to find a way. There had to be a way. There was ways a loophole. This spell that was cast to create the hocruxes had one too. He just needed to find it.

AN: And boom! Another chapter!

Also warning: I changed Grace's animagus and her animagus name. She's a snowy owl and her name is Hedwig.

Yes I know Hedwig dies but this is a fanfic so come on. Feel free to have some faith for the author of your fav fic <3

Okay question time!

Gideon and Fabian or George and Fred?