09

She was going to find out. She had to. But for now she had to go to class with a particular Slytherin boy that got on her nerves - who she loathed.

She managed to get to the potions classroom just five minutes late this time. At least she wasn't late. She sat down in her seat after greeting the professor not even bothering to look at the black haired boy next to her.

"What no hi today?" She turned her head to look at him.

She rolled her eyes. "No", she turned back to the board taking notes.

She was in a grumpy mood. Not knowing what was wrong and the tension around her friends really pissed her off. The younger Black kept nudging her subtly and tried to annoy her the whole lesson which didn't help her mood. She decided to skip their regular lessons tonight just to piss him off, because she knew how much he hated it when she was late. Skipping would make him really angry especially since he won't know that she's skipping.

Annoyed by her potions partner she asked, "Will you stop it?"

He simply looked at her for a second before replying, "no"

Just as she was about to say something rude professor Slughorn dismissed the class, so she settled for stomping on his foot with her boot which had 2 inch heels.

"Oops" She shrugged when he groaned in pain, holding his leg while leaning his head back. She should be worried that she hurt him too hard, and she was, but she was already in a bad mood. Plus she had bigger things to worry about, so she just walked out.

She decided to go to Sirius as it was her free period knowing that he skipped his classes for the whole day. She thought that maybe she could get through to him.

What really put her on edge was the fact that Peter lied to her. He never lied to her, and neither did she, but there he was: lying to her. This really made her angry. What could be so bad that they couldn't tell her?

She wasn't a kid anymore. They didn't need to protect her like they used to anymore. She could take care of herself. She had changed a lot last summer before the start of her 5th year. That weak, sensitive, overly  emotional, shy girl was gone now, and she had: Regulus, his friends, and quite a few others to thank for that. She was still sensitive and hit shy around new people but not as much as before.

Even though James and the others were there for her they weren't always, and she didn't blame them for that. They had their own lives, and she knew as well as respected that. So she never told them about how she was treated her first four years at Hogwarts. She never told anyone actually until Lily found out and confronted her about it.

Knowing that she wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for any longer she told her. They became a lot closer after that. Lily has also agreed to not tell any one after a lot of convincing. Worried for her friend Lily threatened anyone who said something rude to Grace.

Eventually Marlene, Dorcas and Alice had also found out in her fourth year. The four of them had become best friends by then and were now stuck with each other forever.

🥀

Without knocking she barged into the room looking for Sirius finding him with a bottle of alcohol on the floor. He looked so.....broken. She froze not knowing what to do. There he was on the floor in tears, holding his head up with one hand while chugging the bottle of fire whiskey with the other.

After a few seconds of silence she closed the door and walked towards him, taking a seat next to him. She put her arms around him, slowing taking the bottle out of his hands, placing it on the floor. She held his shaky hand with hers while othet was wrapped around his shoulder as she put her head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She whispered.

"I- I fucked up, Gracie" He sobbed finally relaxing under her touch and hugging her. She held him as he cried into her shoulder blades.

"I'm sure Remus will forgive you. I mean it's Remus" She tried to lighten the mood but it didn't work.

"No" He shook his head. "Not for this" He whispered before closing his eyes finally calming down after 'the incident'.

All Grace could do at the moment was hold him. As curious as she was, she knew pushing him won't be good for either of them. So she just sat there holding him while he cried in her arms.

AN: Some cute Sirius and Grace moment :)