45

Regulus and Grace were in the middle of a potions class and making the amortentia potion. They had started it last year even though it wasn't in their syllabus but Slughorn thought it would be good to learn about it early on. However, even though Slughorn said they would, they didn't actually end up making the potion. Luckily for them, this was the year they finally got to make it.

"Mon âme, don't be foolish. We need pearl dust in this. Don't you remember? We read it in our notes last year and it's in the book in front of us!" Regulus explained in a slightly mocking tone even though he wasn't annoyed.

Grace scoffed and huffed as she glared at the brewing potion which Regulus had mostly made since she ultimately gave up after almost blowing up the classroom. Regulus had simply asked - or more of told - her to read out the instructions and get the ingredients as he made it.

"Okay fine. But is that before or after we add the rose petels?" Grace asked with a frown as she searched through the book. She hated this but she had no choice but to attend this class since this potion summed up to most of their grade. She was glad that Regulus was her partner though.

"Grace, mon âme, please leave that to me and focus on reading the instructions, yes? The second paragraph literally explains in which order you have to put them in." He sighed and stirred the potion while adding the powdered moonstone.

"Fine." Grace said with a huff and sunk into her seat as she read the instructions out loud to her boyfriend. She knew that he didn't actually need them since he had it all memorised and he was just trying to get her to be busy and distract her. It was a thoughtful gesture but she still hated feeling so useless and letting him do all the work.

"You know, potions isn't that bad. It's actually pretty fun." The younger Black said after a moment in silence as they peacefully worked together.

The girl immediately looked up and gave him a bewildered look, not believing him in the slightest. "Potions and fun don't go in the same sentence together, Reggie. Potions is a pain in the ass is what it is. I mean, I'm going to be a magizoologist. I don't need to know potions." She complained. Normally, Grave wouldn't have had the courage to say things like this or speak in such a carefree tone with just anyone. Especially not curse. But her boyfriend wasn't just anyone to her, now was he?

Regulus let out an amused laugh and shook his head as he finally sat back in his seat while the rest of the class tried to perfect the potion. He looked at his girl that was sitting beside him and grinned, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear before gently kissing her cheek. He knew that no matter who saw, no one would say a word. And if they did... Well, let's just say that that wasn't going to happen.

"Well, what's so funny?" Grace asked, blushing and lightly hit his arm, knowing it didn't hurt him at all. Her actions only caused him to laugh more as he tried to hold it in but couldn't. Even though they'd been together for months now, she still got so flustered around him and just couldn't help it.

"Nothing, nothing. It's just not surprising, that's all." He whispered and kept his eyes on her the whole time. He wasn't one to show these kinds of emotions in public but he'd make an exception just this moment.

"What isn't?" She asked quietly, confused by his words as she pushed up her glasses that were falling. His beautiful grey-blue eyes bore into her brown ones and her blush didn't fade as she tried her best to not look away. Ultimately, she failed and broke eye contact, immediately resting her head on his shoulder as she smiled.

"All these months and you still can't hold eye contact." He teased lightly and held her in his arms, not answering her question just yet.

"All these months and you still make me nervous." She said back and finally was forced to look at him when he held her chin in between his thumb and forefinger.

"I'm just that charming and irresistible." He said with a playful grin and kissed her cheeks. He was glad that everyone was so engrossed in their own work and that they were sitting in the back corner of their class. No one noticed them. "And for the record, it's not surprising that you want to be a magizoologist. You've always had a way with animals."

Grace smiled at his sweet words and held his hand in hers. "Thanks. And for the record, you're going to be an amazing potioneer."

AN: Cute chapter in between all the drama that's happening!! Hope you guys like it and more is definitely coming soon! :)

PS: Did you guys drink enough water today? If not, here's your reminder!

AND EID MUBARAK EVERYBODY