-06

AN: The chapters with a minus (-) are flashback chapters :)

Flashback chapter

2nd year

Grace was happy to finally be back at Hogwarts and see her friends. After she finished all her classes for that day she had gone to Lily - who James introduced her too - and asked the red head if they could study together near the black lake.

Lily agreed and they headed towards the black lake; however, there was no studying being done as the girls had originally planned because they were to busy gossiping and laughing.

Grace really liked hanging out with Lily. A fact that made her brother really angry because of his little crush on 13 year old redhead who he was set on marrying when he was older.

They were having a good time until Regulus walked up to them Rosier and Barty Crouch on his heel.

"If it isn't the mudblood and blood traitor together" Regulus scowled.

"Go away Black" Lily rolled her eyes.

The two girls were used to this. Some Slytherins would often come up to them just to throw some slurs at them; sometimes they would even try to hex them. However that didn't mean that they didn't get angry everytime they did.

Regulus ignored her and turned to her friend.

"Cat got your tounge, four eyes?"

Grace shook her head and started to get her bag.

"Let's go Lils" Grace whispered.

Grace often got scared when she was put on the spot, and would instantly get shy and quite. So, her solution was to run away each time. She knew it was a bad habit due to the constant reminders she would get from her brother and his friends - who also became her friends. She was trying to work on it but it wasn't easy.

Before they could go far Regulus mumbled a spell under his breath while waving his wand. And not even a minute later both girls were off their feet and hanging mid air. Evan Rosier walked forward and took Grace's glasses dropping them to the floor. Before Grace could even try to get them back Barty threw another spell on their direction to stop them from moving. It was like they were tied with an invisible rope.

Lily was telling at the three boys while Grace closed her eyes trying to figure out how to get out of this situation. She ran through a few spells she had learned about in her head when she heard the boys groaning in pain. They were thrown back against the tree behind them.

"What happened?" Lily asked looking around. "There's no one here."

"I- I don't know" Grace stuttered.

The girls were immediately dropped to the ground when the boys were thrown back by something. What? They did not know.

They took this to their advantage, and ran towards the castle. Grace held her broken glasses in hand turning towards Lily.

"Can you fix it? You know how to do that spell better than me." Grace said.

"Yeah of course I can." She took out her wand. "Repairo"

Her glasses mended and she put them on.

"Good as new" She smiled. "Thank you, Lily"

"Well I hope you know then" The red-head said.

"Know what?"

"What friends are for" Lily smiled at her, ans Grace smiled back.

She thought about whether or not she should tell her brother, but she decided against it. Knowing her brother he would sneak into the Slytherin common room and hex Regulus. If she was being honest she didn't want that to happen. Luckily, she managed to convince Lily to keep this encounter a secret.

AN: The flashbacks will be kinda short, so sorry about that.