16

When Grace woke up she found herself in her own dorm, without Regulus by her side and her clothes still a mess. She found all her things on her bed side table along with an origami crane with a beautiful yellow tulip on top.

She put on her glasses and picked up the paper crane, opening it, so she could read the cursive writing of the younger Black. She knew that he wrote a note on the inside but made a crane out of it.

Sorry, love. I had to sneak you into your dorm because Evan and Barty were going to be back soon. And all your things are there, don't worry.

See you in detention. It's at 10, try not be late this time, and I hope you like the crane.

- R.A.B

Grace smiled and re-folded the origami back to how it was setting it back down, and picking up the flower to smell it. She checked the time: 4:37pm. She still had time, so she got up and took a shower and freshened up.

She would've gone to one of her friends but Dorcas and Marlene were on a date, Alice was out with Frank, Cleo was hanging out with Peter as they had gotten quite close since she introduced them. Lily was most probably with Remus in the library studying, and she didn't feel like hanging out with the other boys right now.

She was, however, very happy when she heard that Sirius and Remus reconciled but Remus was definitely giving Sirius a hard time.

So, instead, she decided to clean up the dorm a bit. She put on the records she got from Remus and started cleaning and dancing once 'Starman' by David Bowie started playing.

After around 45 minutes she was finally done. She dug through her trunk and took out a small box and kept the paper crane in there. The she acciod a vase with some water in it keeping the tulip inside before getting ready for detention with Regulus - even though it was early she didn't feel like changing later.

She walked out and, yet again, noticed people giving her wierd looks and eyeing her like she did something wrong. She decided to ignore them and decided to turn back to head to the kitchens for a snack.

However, the minute she turned around to go there she bumped into someone and would've fallen if not for the arms that had caught her. Sadly, her glasses fell and the same person that caught her also stepped on them completely shattered the frame.

She wanted to slap the person who did that, but as soon as she looked it was James - her brother. So she decided to do just that, and slapped him.

"You broke my glasses" She said. "I'm pretty much half blind without them."

"Oh please, you're blind eve-" He stopped mid way, and before Grace got to ask why he pointed at her neck. "Is that what I think it is?"

His eyes were as wide as saucers as he continued to stare. She looked down a bit and saw a faint blurred purple bruise right on her neck.

She immediately turned red, and racked her brain to get out of this situation with her brother - who most likely would both kill her and Regulus if he found out that it was them.

"Um-" She didn't get the chance to continue before James had picked up her broken glasses and dragged her to an empty classroom by her arm. "okay, ouch, you can let go now"

Typically he ignored her until the door to the classroom was closed. He muttered 'repairo' to fix her glasses, handed them to her, and then started to interrogate her as if he was a cop and she was his first suspect for a huge case.

"Who did that to you? Is that actually a hickey? Grace, I swear to Merlin if you don't tell me right now who did that I WILL find out and then I'm going to kill that boy" He started pacing in front of her.